Hello All

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Azer

Hello All

Post by Azer »

Hey up,

I was pretty much forced to give up bikes about 8 years ago when I got a job outside of easy commute distance up the motorway from where I live.
Since moved jobs much closer.
Had the chance but not the time, then the time but not the money and last month I had all 3.

So now I have an S Reg. Firestorm.
Cost me £1500, got 21K miles on the clock , a new MOT and some very loud "Micron" exhausts. Which I will need advice on how to replace.

I've always wanted to get a fully faired bike and turn it into a street-fighter. I know that is going to up set some people, so please take this as fair warning: if you see one of my posts, it may not be to your liking.
I believe bikes should have as little as possible on them, not be covered in body-work like a car.

Bike History:
Honda CG125
Honda CB-1 400 "Big One"
Honda NT400 "Bros"

It may look it, but I am not obsessed with Honda. Honest. It just so happens that they have been local , cheap and the features I wanted at the time.
In this case, a 1000cc V engine.

I am a mechanical fitter by trader, so do have some idea what I am doing, but I am by no means a bike or engine expert.

Thanks for reading, be good to chat.
alanfjones1411

Re: Hello All

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:
Nice introduction.

Personally I like Street-Fighters when they are well built that is, so I look forward to seeing your build.
If you are intending to add photo's as you go :?: if you start a new thread in the "Pimp Your Ride" section it can then be all in one place :thumbup:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate. Enjoy the bike.

:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Hi and welcome :wave:
Bad choices make good stories :D
Azer

Post by Azer »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:07 pm Welcome aboard :thumbup:
Nice introduction.

Personally I like Street-Fighters when they are well built that is, so I look forward to seeing your build.
If you are intending to add photo's as you go :?: if you start a new thread in the "Pimp Your Ride" section it can then be all in one place :thumbup:

Chris.
Couldn't reccommend an alternative radiator location could you?
Ta.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Azer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:38 am
sirch345 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:07 pm Welcome aboard :thumbup:
Nice introduction.

Chris.
Couldn't reccommend an alternative radiator location could you?
Ta.
I'm glad you're thinking about doing something with the side mounted rads :D
Some put a single radiator across the frame where the oil cooler fits, which means relocating the oil cooler lower down.

Another option is under the seat, take a look at this link: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/g ... -vtr-7221/

Chris.
Azer

Post by Azer »

Fantastic, thank you.

Funnily enough, I went to see an upholsterer last night and he has moved the radiator to underneath the seat on his Ducati.

Looks like the answer.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Azer wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:47 am Fantastic, thank you.

Funnily enough, I went to see an upholsterer last night and he has moved the radiator to underneath the seat on his Ducati.

Looks like the answer.
It's a sign I tell you, it's a sign :lol:

Whichever route you decide to go with the radiator(s) I wish you good luck with it :thumbup:

Chris.
AlmostThere

Post by AlmostThere »

Welcome Azer :D