GrainStorm VII April 23rd.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: GrainStorm VII April 23rd.

Post by tony.mon »

How is Yorkshire too far away?
I'm heading for the Yorkshire weekend meetup weekend after next, and I live in Kent, same as Mac.

But this year I'm also doing the Northern Ireland meet up, Devon meet and Wales meet.
To be fair I'm taking a bike in the van to NI this time, but last year I rode there. I've ridden to the Scotland run as well.

Bikes are to be ridden, all you have to do is point it south and sit there for a while!
Anyway, you missed this year's MacMeet, so you'll have a year to practice riding for more than one tank of fuel a day.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Ha! Yeah I know I've missed it, I was really meaning that I like the idea of fixing up the bike, doing a few maintenance bits with the guidance of likeminded owners. I'd probs be living out of Macs garage if I lived nearer. It's a fair round trip to twirl a few spanners for an afternoon.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

In the past we have done a few more workshop days all round the country, so if there is interest I will arrange one for the Midlands (Worcerstershire).

Not exactly local for you yellabell, but it will be much easier than Grain. Or there might be somebody up north that will also do one.
AMcQ
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:06 am In the past we have done a few more workshop days all round the country, so if there is interest I will arrange one for the Midlands (Worcerstershire).

Not exactly local for you yellabell, but it will be much easier than Grain. Or there might be somebody up north that will also do one.
That's bob on is that cheers, you're a helpful bunch.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

yellabell wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:14 pm Hi Mac - I think its a really great thing you do with the workshops, fair play to you. Doing a bit of digging, it looks like you're chuffin miles away from me (West Yorkshire) - too far to attend even though I'd love to take part in future events. So for that reason, if you'll put up with me asking advice in general on here then that will have to do. Can't PM as I'm relatively new to this forum and don't have the required posts yet that allow me to PM. Put up with me for a bit folks im happy to take advice from all of you knowledgeable lot on here - cheers in advance, Mick
Other workshopdays may be avaliable...

There a Yokshire run comimg up very soon... have a look... viewtopic.php?t=44007

Post count your half way there already... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

MacV2 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:07 am
yellabell wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:14 pm Hi Mac - I think its a really great thing you do with the workshops, fair play to you. Doing a bit of digging, it looks like you're chuffin miles away from me (West Yorkshire) - too far to attend even though I'd love to take part in future events. So for that reason, if you'll put up with me asking advice in general on here then that will have to do. Can't PM as I'm relatively new to this forum and don't have the required posts yet that allow me to PM. Put up with me for a bit folks im happy to take advice from all of you knowledgeable lot on here - cheers in advance, Mick
Other workshopdays may be avaliable...

There a Yokshire run comimg up very soon... have a look... viewtopic.php?t=44007

Post count your half way there already... :thumbup:
Cheers Mac, yeah I've seen the yorkshire ride. Sirch (chris) helped me to contact Gabi as I was interested in taking part and still am. Trouble is tho I've got full weekends on the 21st & 28th May so sort of promised the boss man at work I'd do o/time that weekend the yorkshire ride is on. I don't work all day tho so could probs get away for lunchtime both Sat & Sun. I'd tag along for a few afternoon hours either day & say hello if I know where you are. Just can't do the bunkhouse stuff.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:06 am In the past we have done a few more workshop days all round the country, so if there is interest I will arrange one for the Midlands (Worcerstershire).

I can help out with this, with tools and whatnot also workshop space as only 10min away :thumbup: