CUTTING OUT WHEN GOING TO IDLE SPEED

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
seb421

Re: CUTTING OUT WHEN GOING TO IDLE SPEED

Post by seb421 »

rollingthunderx2 wrote:Has anyone tried just leaving the TPS unplugged? seemingly it works.
from my readings it runs like sh1t?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seb421 wrote:
rollingthunderx2 wrote:Has anyone tried just leaving the TPS unplugged? seemingly it works.
from my readings it runs like sh1t?
yep mine too. thought id killed it then realised id accidentally left it unplugged.
ran like i had a 30 stone pilly.

it will work with the tps unplugged, but acceleration is chronic :thumbdown:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

I had trouble with cutting out, reset TPS to 500 runs a lot better at low revs now and no spitting/cutting out.
darkember

Post by darkember »

lloydie wrote:Having the two biggest carbs Honda ever put on a bike working together is important . Having them out of sync is like walking down the street on one leg !
You can do it but not ideal !
But with both legs working together you can walk with much more ease and less energy is used to Achieve this .

Get the carbs working together and you will notice the difference
Did you know that walking is really just controlled falling :lol: :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Digging up the oldies lol
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have a feeling it got found via my TPS instructions http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 01#p222504 Not the best place for them. :think: I think it's about time I wrote a separate more in depth post regarding the TPS and Adjustment for the knowlagebase rather than have it stuck in the middle of a thread. :)

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
dave09

Post by dave09 »

Im not the only one then my bike does this scream up to a round about let off the throttle revs die down nicely then boom just cuts out on the odd occasion im gonna be getting carbs balanced as I fitted new set as my old chokes completly seized in my old carbs. :D
im worried when i die my wife will sell my bike for what i said i payed for it
Def@st

Post by Def@st »

Hi guys,

on my "new" old-lemon the engine stops quite frequently when idling, both running or when i stop.
I had to set the idle to around 1800/1900 rpm to minimize the problem. (thet still happens sometimes).

Also, if i accelerate, the bike revs up nicely but when i leave the gas the engine start to drop down, stops a bit around 2500rpm and then keeps going down to idle that fluctuate a lot.

My english is very bad, i hope you can understand the behaviour of the bike.

Which could be the cause?!

I can't control the carbs balancing but, al least, i would like to check the TPS. (i would like to try without removig the carbs...)

Reading the previous posts i can't understand if the 500 Ohm must be setted with the carbs in running condition with the idle setted up, or if i have to completely unscrew the idle setting bolt before mesuring the resistance.
Which is the right procedure?!
Is there a complete wizard i can follow?!

Thanks