PAIR System removal

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lloydie

Re: PAIR System removal

Post by lloydie »

Look at my pick a few posts up
darkember

Post by darkember »

lloydie wrote:I can confirm that replacing the cam covers for non pair type and blocking the hole in the air box bottom and also blocking the small vac feed to the pair gizmo works .
Might be easier than trying to get the kit from the USA :-)
Kit takes about a week to get here. Using the blanking plates in the kit and turning the reeds over will stop any oil going anywhere. :thumbup: :thumbup:
bertye

Post by bertye »

Hi,I know this is an old thread, but I now list a kit to block and remove the PAIR's system. Simple to fit and no messing with the read valves, as the plates have recesses for the screw heads. I also have kits for the i4 engines
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR100 ... SwPR9bq3Dc
Chris58

Post by Chris58 »

Im not sure you need any kind of blanking kit, all I did was remove all the hoses and cap everything.. Then just flip the reed valves and put the original covers back on with rubber caps over the hose barbs.

So far I havent had an issue with any oil leaking, poping etc.

Is there something the blanking plate does that I am missing??
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

You can use the kit or do it how you suggested, the blanking kit just looks a bit neater. I managed to get a pair of two brothers racing blanks on my 03 storm a few years back but I have not seen another set since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I just changed the cam covers & air box but then I did have all the parts in stock... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Re the reed valve covers, on top of each cam cover:
A sheet of 3mm carbon fibre sheet is cheap, use the original as a template and grind to shape.
The original is also used as a template for drilling the holes.
Cut two blanks and shape both at once clamped together as a double layer as they are identical.
Fit sealed with a smear of silicon, and nice new cap heads.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

All good information, and good to see Bertye’s option for anyone who wants an instant fix for a reasonable sum
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
#MOOSE90

Post by #MOOSE90 »

bertye wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:47 pm Hi,I know this is an old thread, but I now list a kit to block and remove the PAIR's system. Simple to fit and no messing with the read valves, as the plates have recesses for the screw heads. I also have kits for the i4 engines
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR100 ... SwPR9bq3Dc

Thanks for my kit mate super fast delivery.
I’m to fit it but all looks great to me 🙂