E10 fuel (or not??)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
yellabell

E10 fuel (or not??)

Post by yellabell »

Am I OK to use E10 fuel in my VTR Firestorm or should I use the 97+ higher octane stuff? My bike is a 1998 and has been used to the E5 variety. Just picked it up 10 days ago with a full tank and it's time to fill up. Cheers
mjvw

Re: E10 fuel (or not??)

Post by mjvw »

My F2 has been running on E10 since the changeover have not had any issues, over winter I did drain carbs and tank as a precaution as some have said E10 is not good sat in the float bowls for long periods.
Storming About :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I understand Honda says all motorcycles built from 1993 on are able to use E10:
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my- ... -2021.html

Personally I only use the Super Unleaded in my 1999 Firestorm, but I don't do a lot of miles. I guess it's down to individual choice at the end of the day,

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

IMO, If you are using the E10 petrol regularly and it doesn't sit for a long time in your bike or lawnmower, then it is fine. Apparently the issue can be when it's left standing unused.

I use this stuff in any petrol I have in storage, especially over winter. It was recommended by a garden machine mechanic. My lawnmower fired up well last weekend with treated petrol left in there over winter. I believe it does work but don't want to try the alternative to prove it. ImageImage
No bike (yet).
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Biggest issue at the moment with E10 is you need to sell the bike to fill it up...

One huge fecking con, we don't buy much oil from USSR so why the fek are they using it as an excuse to dry fek us all over petrol prices ?

:x :x :x
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...