Oh, those Russians

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Oh, those Russians

Post by tony.mon »

I can't get the playout of Boney M's Rasputin out if my head, can't think why.

So all it takes is for anyone who wants independence to ask Russia to send tanks and troops?
Cornwall, I'm looking at you....don't start getting any ideas.

At least have the decency to wait until the Queen's platinum jubilee is over, otherwise they'll cancel the additional bank holidays.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Flatline

Re: Oh, those Russians

Post by Flatline »

:lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I wonder whether "compare the market" insurance covers you to drive in Crimea, Donetsk and the other area no one can remember?
That meerkat has a very suspicious accent....
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:02 pm I can't get the playout of Boney M's Rasputin out if my head, can't think why.

So all it takes is for anyone who wants independence to ask Russia to send tanks and troops?
Cornwall, I'm looking at you....don't start getting any ideas.

At least have the decency to wait until the Queen's platinum jubilee is over, otherwise they'll cancel the additional bank holidays.
Tony, if Krankie gets wind of your post, I can imagine a plop on your matt of a job invitation for the SNP :crazy: :lol:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just hung my Ukrainian flag on the flagpole at the back of my house, it arrived just in time for the latest atrocity.

Bombing maternity hospitals. There's almost no depths left to sink to.

I hope I live long enough to see the eventual war crimes trials, hopefully they'll hold them in a country with the death penalty.
Last edited by tony.mon on Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:38 pm

Bombing maternity hospitals. There's almost no depths left to sink to.

I hope I live long enough to see the eventual war crimes trials, hopefully they'll hold them in a country with the death penalty.

I can't see what Putin hopes to gain out of acts like this.He is a total madman.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
gilson

Post by gilson »

He's very similar to other despots such as Gaddafi, Hussain, Mubarak etc, in that he's leading the country illegally, no one wants him there and he's there by using fear. As soon as he shows weakness he'll be killed. What he's hoping to achieve is his survival.

He's been working to this situation for years. He's been trying to minimise the impact of sanctions and more importantly ensuring key NATO countries are in his pocket. I wonder if there have been opportunities when NATO saw this coming but didn't act? Trump was recently berating countries for not paying their subs to NATO. I hate to say it but he had a point. Easy to say with hindsight, of course.

It's absolutely terrible and I feel really upset for the Ukrainians. It's a shame NATO can't do more but he knew this too. How did anyone believe him and do very little when he had 60% of his entire army on the Ukrainian border? My Polish friends are worried they are next. It seems unlikely but NATO should be planning for an attack. If it doesn't happen then great, if it does then we have no choice to defend/attack. At least we (NATO) will be ready.

I'm presuming our military is already on the highest alert but I don't think there's any belief that he would be "stupid" enough to attack. Who believed he wouldn't invade Ukraine? Plan for the worst, prepare for the best...

Apologies that turned into a bit of a monologue. I'd be interested to hear other views.

No bike (yet).