New bike, no doubt a new project!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
TheBozBoz

Re: New bike, no doubt a new project!

Post by TheBozBoz »

Finish work now until Tuesday! First job is motorbike forks. Yokes have a custom stem sorted so all good there, fit. Just need to adjust stops. Here I go...ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

Couple of hours of cutting and tapping 4mm steel i have proper lock stops plus forks and wheel are in! I hope tomorrow i can rig up the fzs fairing frame before the inlaws turn up...ImageImageImage

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to see you are making more progress there :clap:

I wish you'd stop temping me with USD forks :lol: as they look great :D

Chris.
TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

I have to admit, I've always liked my bikes black and a bit mean looking but the gold forks with the blue I'm really liking! I didn't get much done with the fairing but I've mocked it up, bit of a modding is needed. Firstly my fairing stay for the fzs600 is bent so im cutting it and rewelding with parts from a fzs1000 fairing stay i have which is not a direct replacement. Fingers crossed I'll get some done this week, weather looking nicer want to ride!!

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

thats a sexy looking front end :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

Had an evening all to myself this week so obviously spent it sorting the bike. Sorted out the mirror bracket 'ears' then cracked on welding together a bracket to lift the fairing to a suitable position. My next task is to weld a bracket so the original vtr clocks can fit a standard fzs fairing stay.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

It fits!
Next jobs will be to either drop the rads by 10mm or 'push' the tops in by 10mm this is due to the cap fowling the fairing just. As I can't weld alu I'd prefer to do the least disruptive method. Meanwhile whist I ponder my next move I've been fitting handlebars and brakes etc. Planning on MOT next week as its expired whilst I've been doing all this!Image

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Looking good :thumbup:

Chris.
TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

Cheers Chris, I thought this might be of some use to someone who suffered with the riding position like me! I'm convinced this will be better. This is how I've finished up today.ImageImage

TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

A very basic bracket for the clocks. Bolted to the existing frame so can be improved later. Next job is wiring loom route and maybe get rid of the ignition barrelImage

TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

I've been a busy boy, its 90% ready for MOT but as I can't get that done until after this week I'm going with a lightened flywheel and upgrading suspension and hopefully cans! Can't wait to ride! Still trying to figure out radiator position...

TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

Update! It passed its MOT...! New fabiostar flywheel makes a massive difference and the upright position now is good for my back! I've been riding it now for a couple of months as a fazer/storm/r1 hybrid. Fuelling still needs some work as it can be a pain to start and a fair few flat spots or maybe thats just a v twin thing??? Part of me just wants a fzs600 again. Worse point of this bike is the tank range, it is crap on the storm(as we all know)! I had a job in Essex where I could actually use my bike instead of the van, so from leaving home in east Sussex I'd fill up just before getting to site in Essex and then on the way home fill up just before my home for the next day. Not great!

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

TheBozBoz wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:41 am Update! It passed its MOT...! New fabiostar flywheel makes a massive difference and the upright position now is good for my back! I've been riding it now for a couple of months as a fazer/storm/r1 hybrid. Fuelling still needs some work as it can be a pain to start and a fair few flat spots or maybe thats just a v twin thing??? Part of me just wants a fzs600 again. Worse point of this bike is the tank range, it is crap on the storm(as we all know)! I had a job in Essex where I could actually use my bike instead of the van, so from leaving home in east Sussex I'd fill up just before getting to site in Essex and then on the way home fill up just before my home for the next day. Not great!

nice to hear you are enjoying the flywheel :thumbup: :thumbup: have you any pictures of the bike as its sitting, that fairing looks great on it :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: