Miss Your Storm - Would you? Do You? Why?

General Bike chat

Miss your Storm??

I Do Miss It
14%
I Would Miss It
19%
I Don't Miss It
4%
I Want Another
5%
I'll Never part with my Storm
26%
I can't see myself replacing my Storm in the near future
31%

Total votes: 239

uk13iker

Re: Miss Your Storm - Would you? Do You? Why?

Post by uk13iker »

Yes yours looks a nice one hopefully something comes up for the right price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aces-high

Post by aces-high »

There are times that I think I'd like another storm but after the period of nostalgia has worn down I remember that I'm far too fat for the Storm to be comfortable for me these days and when I had two bikes I'd most often end up riding the other.
Loved my years with the Storm but no I wouldnt have another ( unless just a project rebuild ) I find I dont miss it most of the time.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

uk13iker wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:22 pm Well In the market for another storm and looking at prices/condition of bikes extras etc I’m regretting selling mine even more. Nice looking one I’m considering buying but with 20k more miles and standard apart from exhausts is £200 more than I sold mine. Starting to realise what an idiot I was haha.

Good luck in finding another Storm, I'm sure the right bike will turn up :thumbup:

Chris.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Thanks Chris id of probably rushed into buying one this weekend if I didn’t have a bike a few have come up but not quite what I’m looking for patience is key ha.

Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

uk13iker wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 pm Thanks Chris id of probably rushed into buying one this weekend if I didn’t have a bike a few have come up but not quite what I’m looking for patience is key ha.

There is always one, it will come along 👍👍👍
May the storm be with you soon 😉
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

uk13iker wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 pm Thanks Chris id of probably rushed into buying one this weekend if I didn’t have a bike a few have come up but not quite what I’m looking for patience is key ha.

Patience is the key I agree, and what feels right for you too.

You're in a good position with having another bike, it sort of takes the 'I need one now' pressure off with the summer here :wink:

Chris.
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

if the Storm disappeared the hardest thing is replacement with what ?

I like the way some great bikes depreciate & become possible but the MVA F4S just hasn't fallen through the floor like I need it to !
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Regarding the Storm.

After years of ownership and a few other bikes through the cave I have come to the conclusion that the Storm will stay.

I have had BMW S1000RR, Aprillia Tuono 2007 model, Aprillia Shiver 750, Aprillia Tuono Rsv4 APRAC, wombles ZX10 , 848 Duc, and a few others that I care to forget in my possession and still have the Storm.

These days it still shares the cave with a few other bikes yet I have come to a crossroad.

A Royal Endpfield Continental 650 is lurking!

I am about to change the exhaust system on the Storm so I can lower the rear sets and be more comfortable so that I can still enjoy the ride.

At 64 I know that I still love the Storm yet the body doesn't .

Hopefully moving the rear sets to their lowest position will make the Storm likeable again.

My Storm stays !

There is always room for other bikes but the Storm will always be the favourite.

If you own one hang onto it,

You can always tailor it to suit your needs.

That is the best thing about the Storm!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that and the fact that you will never get the money back that we have spent on our Storms, so there is no point letting somebody else enjoy the fun at your expense
AMcQ
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i've been toying with getting a blade for a while now, but the general opinion is, if i dont like the revviness of my cbr600, i wont like a blade either. so i'm looking for another storm. like kenmoore says, i will need to modify pegs/bars etc to make it fit my 60 year old knees but i really miss the low down grunt.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

haynesjones66 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:20 pm i've been toying with getting a blade for a while now, but the general opinion is, if i dont like the revviness of my cbr600, i wont like a blade either. so i'm looking for another storm. like kenmoore says, i will need to modify pegs/bars etc to make it fit my 60 year old knees but i really miss the low down grunt.
Quite a conundrum for you. Ideally you need to ride both to get a definitive reading of which you'd actually prefer.

I presently have 5 Blades from 2001 to the new 2020 RR-R SP plus a Storm (being the third over the past 2 years.) I am on record here on many threads stating that the Storm is an intoxicating bike and totally different in characteristics to the Blade. Whilst the Blade does have 'snap on' power, it fails in the torquey, deep grunt department. But you do pay for the VTR's grunt in fuel costs - beware.

The Storm is FAR more comfortable than all but the pre-2000 Blades, so if you do have some flexibility probs, the Storm will be a far better option. I note you say 'another' Storm, so I'm half preaching to the converted, but hope my perspective on the Blades will help. :thumbup:
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i had a lovely original storm but sold it a year ago. thankfully, there is another one on the way with straight bars so i'll need to play around with pegs etc to make it a bit more comfortable. watch this space...
zakisbak

Post by zakisbak »

I do love it,after just one ride.