what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Pete.L »

Jamoi wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 am I think the looks of these bikes are getting better with age, do you reckon?
That's the crazy thing. I'm even starting to like the Teal ones now and I think the Blue one are quite sexy 8O 8O 8O

Congrates on the return Jamoi :D Ali's right. Stu didn't even give a hint you'd got it back :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Pete.L wrote:I'm even starting to like the Teal ones now and I think the Blue one are quite sexy 8O 8O
You always have to take things too far...

At best, our lesser Blue and Teal associates are merely tolerated out of sympathy.

Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i think the simplicity of the colour schemes and the sexy flowing outline of the bike with the engine and exhaust showing , stands out now against all the angular multi coloured styling of bikes now. ... and the lack of all the sensors and cables and mode buttons and catalysts and plastic covers make it so much easier on the eye.
AMcQ
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Kev L »

Jamoi wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:08 am
Pete.L wrote:I'm even starting to like the Teal ones now and I think the Blue one are quite sexy 8O 8O
You always have to take things too far...

At best, our GREATER Blue and Teal associates merely tolerate us out of sympathy.

Sorted that out for you young’un! :beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 am Cheers dudes, it's pretty amazing to have it back and I'd forgotten just how much work I'd done to it :crazy:

Just needs a few bits for the mot, then I'll enjoy it for a bit and hopefully give it a proper make over during the winter Image

I think the looks of these bikes are getting better with age, do you reckon?
Or course they are, but then I'm probably a little biased :lol: :wink:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode home from work...Hammy is playing up... Seems to be holding back under load... Revs up fine with the clutch in but goes all boggy when clutch let out...

It's been fairly dry so not water in the works... Plus it P'd down last week & it ran fine.

Suspect electriacal. Start simple I'll change the plugs & try it. Then the ecu & spark box... last will be coils.

Of course it could be fuel...The tank was rusty so had a clean & new tank fillter + inline fillters.Those will be checked when the tank is lifted to do the rear plug.

I'll also check the choke nuts...

If worse comes to worse I have enough bits to do swappsies to find the culprit.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:10 pm Rode home from work...Hammy is playing up... Seems to be holding back under load... Revs up fine with the clutch in but goes all boggy when clutch let out...

It's been fairly dry so not water in the works... Plus it P'd down last week & it ran fine.

Suspect electriacal. Start simple I'll change the plugs & try it. Then the ecu & spark box... last will be coils.

Of course it could be fuel...The tank was rusty so had a clean & new tank fillter + inline fillters.Those will be checked when the tank is lifted to do the rear plug.

So that turned out a bit easier than expected.

As I was thinking electrical the first port of call was to check /swap the plugs.

So lifts up tank...

8O 8O

FEK Fill 1.jpg

Seems the rust treatment I did on the tank wasnt that good after all... Bloody good job I put the inline filters in...

FEK Fill 2.jpg

So I did what I should have done in the first place & swaped the tank from Dresden over. Had to faff about sorting some replacement fule lines out. Boxed it all back up bunged some fule in... Fired up & ticks over nicely... Started raining of course so I will take it for a spin/test tommorow...

Might have been easier just to pop out & get some new fillters but thats them feked after just about 800 miles...

Oh & the brand new £40 OEM in tank fillter is also already too swollen to pull it out...

Still look on the bright side... see next post... :wink:
Last edited by MacV2 on Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

No.15

Yep another Storm for the collection...
MURV 3.jpg
MURV 1.jpg
MURV 2.jpg
Our freind Murv decided he wasn't using this enough & was gonna E-bay it I made an offer & he accepted it.

Rode it over today.

Nice cans, needs a few bits doing some rusty bolts, rear tyre is a bit low...Rim stripes may have to go. Not sure about the mirror extenders... I'll give a going over as soon as I get time wait till Sept 1st & tax & insure it...Maybe... :lol: :lol:
gilson

Post by gilson »

That's pretty!
No bike (yet).
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Looks tidy Macster you bloody hoarder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:19 pm No.15

Yep another Storm for the collection...

MURV 3.jpg

MURV 1.jpg

MURV 2.jpg

Our freind Murv decided he wasn't using this enough & was gonna E-bay it I made an offer & he accepted it.

Rode it over today.

Nice cans, needs a few bits doing some rusty bolts, rear tyre is a bit low...Rim stripes may have to go. Not sure about the mirror extenders... I'll give a going over as soon as I get time wait till Sept 1st & tax & insure it...Maybe... :lol: :lol:
Mac strikes again . You’ll need a bigger shed soon or kick frank out
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:10 pm
MacV2 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:10 pm Rode home from work...Hammy is playing up... Seems to be holding back under load... Revs up fine with the clutch in but goes all boggy when clutch let out...

So that turned out a bit easier than expected.

As I was thinking electriacl the first ort of call was to check /swap the plugs.

So lifts up tank...

8O 8O

FEK Fill 1.jpg

Seems the rust treatment I did on the tank wasnt that good after all... Bloody good job I put the inline filters in...

FEK Fill 2.jpg

So I did what I should have done in the first place & swaped the tank from Dresden over. Had to faff about sorting some replacement fule lines out. Boxed it all back up bunged some fule in... Fired up & ticks over nicely... Started raining of course so I will take it for a spin/test tommorow...

Might have been easier just to pop out & get some new fillters but thats them feked after just about 800 miles...

Oh & the brand new £40 OEM in tank fillter is also already too swollen to pull it out...

Still look on the bright side... see next post... :wink:
Good find Mac :thumbup:

It's nice when it's not hours of head scratching when searching for a fault as it is sometimes.

Nice one with another Storm (No.15) :D it looks great, I like the number boards, a bit different on the front to the norm 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Christ almighty Mac :eek2 :lol: :lol: you have a problem :eek2 . looks a nice bike tho.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So took Hamburg out for a test which just reminded me I forgot to tighten the head races yesteday...DOH!

All running fine, filled up ready for back to commuting tomorrow.

Back to the cave, broke out the Abba stand with front lift, took the bars & top yoke off, tightened up the head races, boxed it back up, lubed the chain, packed up just in time for the rain to start...

Meanwhile on No.15...

Think these are legit :lol: :lol:
Dodgy Micron 1.jpg
Dodgy Micron 2.jpg
Snide BS engraved plates over the not for road use markings...Probably...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:55 pm So took Hamburg out for a test which just reminded me I forgot to tighten the head races yesteday...DOH!
What is it you have about not tightening up steering head bearings :lol:

Chris.