Brother's old Superchicken

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Brother's old Superchicken

Post by sirch345 »

Those swingarms almost look like a fine piece of Art work 8)

An interesting thread this :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 pm Those swingarms almost look like a fine piece of Art work 8)

Chris.
And you can get one free with every SP2- that makes them nearly a bargain!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:09 am
sirch345 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 pm Those swingarms almost look like a fine piece of Art work 8)

Chris.
And you can get one free with every SP2- that makes them nearly a bargain!
Not polished like that, you can't. :(

The time and effort put into that swinger will make it worth more than an SP-2! :lol:
Ericthenorse

Post by Ericthenorse »

Richard wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:11 pm Me I am just and nut twiddler and a very occasional polisher.
Sounds like my girlfriend.....
Last edited by Ericthenorse on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ericthenorse

Post by Ericthenorse »

I had to hold off on the install. I am waiting for new bearings, and for the shock to actually arive... For install purposes, I will be hiding all that shiny with a few coats of black Plasti-Dip spray. Just something to help avoid too many scratches along the way. Probably end up painting it anyway. Just too much shiny for me...
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Ericthenorse wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:52 am . . . For install purposes, I will be hiding all that shiny with a few coats of black Plasti-Dip spray. Just something to help avoid too many scratches along the way. Probably end up painting it anyway. Just too much shiny for me...
Wow! Classic case of 'each to their own'. Some of the serious modders would kill for that bling!

I also have one of the brilliant SP-2s, but prefer OEM look. I think if you're going to have a polished swing arm you have to do the whole frame as well or it would look odd.
Attachments
200115 4.jpg
Ericthenorse

Post by Ericthenorse »

If I keep the cbr forks, I could polish them up nice to balance it... Thr sp1 wheels have a polished lip.. But maybe not.... That's why I am going with the peelable coating for now... Maybe I will want it later.... Wonder if I could anodize it the same color as the forks???