Boots

General Bike chat
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

Updating an old thread - any recommendations for a summer boot? I don't wear leathers, so colour co-ordination is not an issue, and I'd like to be able to walk around a bit without crippling myself or falling over!
kevg

Post by kevg »

Kaz, i think there is a place in Catterick that makes made to measure boots, when i was staying there last year i bumped into a guy on a bike who said he was there to get a measureing done. not sure where it is though, some of my mates that are stationed there might know i'll ask if you need the info.
cheerz

kev
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Can fault the Daytona Road Star goretex boots,
liner,never ever lets rain in,
crash proof (previously tested on my ZX9R)
and they can be sent back for refurbishment to daytona
meintjiesj

Post by meintjiesj »

I have Hein Gerrick TRG Rally boots. Not the full on Off road version. Dry even after 3 days in Ireland pissing down from the morning to the eve. Can walk miles in them and gear change is no problem. Thye come up high so If you use them over leathers thye cover everything and underneath textiles thye work also. Also no zips that doesn't work after 2 months. The clasps work first time. Also very good points in the Bike test last year. All for £135.00. Bargain for dry feet.
feef

Post by feef »

Jyust received my Sidi vertigos from BFM motorcycles.
https://www.bfmmotorcycles.co.uk/catalo ... 0Size%2042

saved about £30 off retail aiui.

a
FJR1300
YZF1000 Thunderace
VTR1000 Firestorm
FZR400
DR350S
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Only ever owned Sidi's, and never had a problem. Oxtars are pretty good i hear from my mates.
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

got a pair of Spidi XPD's....look the dogs but the fins on the back make putting the side stand down a pain in the butt
Hanuman

Post by Hanuman »

just got myself some vertigo air's, very cool in the heat. The oxtars looked very good too and were cheaper, although I didnt like the way the velcro bit came over the zip - looked like it would get flappy.

however.... I bought a pair of boots from the BMW motorad dealers in dorset when i first got the bike, plain black leather with a bit of armour in them - they were a boot from a few seaons ago and therefore were less than half rrp. I got them for £50. they are the most comfortable things I've ever had on the end of my legs. Unfortunatley they are too warm in anything over 20 degrees and socks get soggy.

The cheaper 'boring' boots are so much nicer to wear on the bike and easy to use the controls with - the sidi's are being broken in and 'look' the part.

I also have my mid calf length ex military issue boots from my old service days - issued in 1990!!! and they are heaven on the bike, would expect them to be good in an off aswell for abrasion but they have no impact protection :(

Moral of the story - go try some boots on and get the ones that 'feel' the best and offer all round protection. Failing being able to find the perfect pair - buy more than 1 pair.

:D
The Official Border Hooner.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i'd still swear by AStars.....
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

I've got Oxtars and havent had a problem with them in a year. I cant vouch for the waterproofing of the goretex items as i got the summer jobos. Sayin that i bought a pair of cheap pair of Frank Thomas boots two year ago wen i first bougfht my bike and loved em to pieces so i guess its probably what sort of standard your used to.