Barking on one Barrel

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
W@zzA

Barking on one Barrel

Post by W@zzA »

:? Its happened twice now, 1st time 2 miles from home (cold) down to 1 cylinder, stopped, quick check, quick fag, started fine no prob. 6 weeks later 2nd time (hot) ton fifty plus pass a Civic type R with the fuel light on (had to be done!) refueled no change, cool down no change, nursed it home no change, next morning fine no prob!

Any thoughts?

W@zzA.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I had that once when I filled up from a staion in the middle of no where. I thought it was electrical at first but checked everything out at the roadside and found no problem. Ended up puting it down to bad fuel when the same happened to a mate's Blade when he fueled up at the same station.

Still it can be scary when it happend on a twin!
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

Ive had problem like yours and it was a cracked spark plug! :x .Was fitted only two days b4!!! :evil: .
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
W@zzA

Post by W@zzA »

Bo#*ocks happened again tonight! tried conectors under the seat= no change, had a fag let it cool down= no change, thought I'd check the plugs then broke the front plug cap (Doh!) and put it on a trailer home.
I can make a bet it'll be ok when I start her up next.
And by the way both plugs were fine and not wet.

Whatch this space :!:
W@zzA

Post by W@zzA »

DODGY FUEL :!: Filled up same garage (BP in Colnbrook, nr Heathrow) Same symptoms 3 miles down the road, went back to the garage popping and banging and they refused to do anything about it even when I threatened to syphon the tank on to the forecourt floor. By the time I'd ranted went to start the bike and it was fine (doh!) :?: :?:

p.s. plug cap £17 new from big H.