UP THE SHOP (Venhill Custom Brake Hoses)

Best deals in town
sirch345
Site Admin

UP THE SHOP (Venhill Custom Brake Hoses)

Post by sirch345 »

I needed some longer front brake hoses for my Renthal Flat Bar Handlebar Conversion ( viewtopic.php?f=31&p=446981&sid=574982c ... df#p446959 ).

I went for Venhill stainless steel braided brake hoses from UP THE SHOP on Ebay ( http://www.uptheshop.co.uk ) as they will add extra length for handlebar modifications such as mine FOC (free of charge), they just need to know what length of brake hoses you require. Also (as Popkat pointed out) Venhill hoses allow you to set the position of the banjo union before tightening up the hose nut, some makes of stainless steel braided hoses do not allow this, their banjo unions are fixed so you end up twisting the hose instead.

I ordered a set of standard front brake hoses for the Firestorm ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... SwmmxW4Y~A ) then at the Ebay payment stage you get the option to add a note to the seller, here I added the length of hoses required. The hoses come with a protective covering over them, they keep clear, and black (which I wanted anyway) in stock, that speeded up delivery time. I ordered late Sunday afternoon, they were despatched on Monday and with me Tuesday, that's what I call an excellent service.

When working out what length front brake hoses you need, get the front wheel off the ground so the forks are fully extended, unless you can get an accurate measurements from the existing original Honda hoses. Beware too short of front brake hoses will result in no brakes if you should accidentally pull a wheelie.

You need to take a measurement from centre to centre of banjo bolts. Then deduct 40mm (that is 20mm for each banjo bolt) from your total length. Hoses come in 25mm increments, so if your size falls slightly under you'll be better off going to the next length up.

Chris.