what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTR Phoenix

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTR Phoenix »

The little black book?
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

fitted a new slave cylinder, and bled it, replaced the oil filter and fresh oil. run it up. all peachy for saturday
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Crackin' photo 8) :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bigtwinthing wrote:fitted a new slave cylinder, and bled it, replaced the oil filter and fresh oil. run it up. all peachy for saturday
Good news. See you Saturday
AMcQ
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

AMCQ46 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:fitted a new slave cylinder, and bled it, replaced the oil filter and fresh oil. run it up. all peachy for saturday
Good news. See you Saturday
Carrots and apples packed too :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I can't let Fabio have all the blue sky glory....(great pic btw fabs)
on sunday I took a ride down to the delta ebre, a large area of land that juts out into the med. mostly farmland and nature reserves, but it also has some great beaches.
weather was touching 30 degrees so I had to go for a ride.... :wink:
oh and like a nob I forgot my puck, and had to use my wallet, nervous moments taking the pictures, not to mention riding on compacted sand... :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

These lovely pictures with crackin storms and blue sky in them are making me very jealous...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote: oh and like a nob I forgot my puck, and had to use my wallet, nervous moments taking the pictures, not to mention riding on compacted sand
You were lucky to find someone selling pucks out there in the middle of nowhere.

Ever heard of Pendine Sands?
Speed testing?
Surely you were tempted?
Apparently you just keep your weight as far to the rear as you can and keep it pinned.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote: Ever heard of Pendine Sands?
Speed testing?
Surely you were tempted?
Apparently you just keep your weight as far to the rear as you can and keep it pinned.
I've been to pendine to see helen and her husband whilst they were competing in the speed trails. i'm sure the sand they raced on was a lot smoother than the surface I was riding on hahahahaha
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

spent this evening refitting my friends front wheel, with a nice spankingly new front tyre....PR3 to match the rear. his old tyre was 8yrs old... :eek2
then it was time to swap my rear wheel over with my spare. as the PR3 was shot. couldn't even see any circles in the tread pattern.... :eek2
my fault for not checking it.
luckily I had carl's old PR3's to put on.......... :thumbup:
tbh i'm not a lover of them, maybe my next tyre will be a M7RR. I've heard good things about them.
so whilst my rear wheel was off, I thoroughly cleaned my chain and rear sprocket and carrier. fitted replacement pattern cush drive rubbers. then put it all back together again.
I decided to remove my wavy rear disc, even to it's like new(I rarely use the rear brake)
I went back to a standard rear disc as I haven't had wavy front discs for some time, the rear just didn't match.
that's about it. I still need to adjust my gear change pedal to match the position of my lower footpegs. but that will have to wait until the weekend. i'm hoping to sneak out early for a quick 170 mile ride down south..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Re: what have you done to someone else's"bike" yesterday

Post by MacV2 »

So another day of workshop type activity at Grain...

Murv brought his bike over & the replacement lump...As soon as I saw it I knew we had an issue for the day.

When I looked at the pic on the ebay ad I saw that it had an engine cover missing...No problem we'll just take the one off the motah in the bike just get a gasket... Turns out it's the genny cover missing not the clutch which is what side the gasket was purchased for...Only other small issue....the flywheel is off it as well...Easy fix, again just swap it over but no way of getting the flywheel off as didn't have a big enough bolt to use as a puller...DOH!

So most of it is stripped down, the starter motor swapped over...A bolt will be percured in the week, a gasket will be ordered & it should get sorted next weekend...

Meanwhile...over at Steves bike, mainly all boxed up with Steve eager to fire it up but for some reason no nutral light...the bulbs fine, the fuses are all fine, the conectors are all conected...Steves going to pull the sensor off his old lump & try swapping that over...Thern it will need the Oil & water putting in before he tries to start it...

Meanwhile back at Murvs bike no worries getting the top engine bolt out...Steve had major agro with his resulting in the grinder being employed... :crazy:

As he hadn't arrived I thought it best to video it so he can see how it's done... :wink:

Sorry about the well dodgy camerawork...Murv stick to the boating Captin Pugwash... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Rode it to workshop day at Als,done nothing to it,then rode it back.220 miles in all.It's now looking filthy as i got caught in a heavy shower.So i've something to do tomorrow with a bucket of water and a tin of polish.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
podman

Post by podman »

Push bikes today, went to a retro cycle meet at an antiques shop today, 12 miles round trip on the Chopper and im goosed!

Gonna sit down and enjoy WSB now..
Attachments
IMG_6842.JPG
IMG_6842.JPG (2.36 MiB) Viewed 2487 times
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Howdy folks. Its been a while since I posted. I'd been caught doing silly speeds, got off with a light ban and a relatively light fine due having a clean license at the time!

Well, shortly after my ban finished I had an "off" on some country lanes :oops: and cracked the left fairing
and smashed the wing mirror. I decided I was an idiot and that some life re-evaluation was needed :Argue:

So, the storm got tucked into her bed and sat there untouched for nearly 4 years! I couldnt bring myself to part her out as I'm rather fond of the license stealing, leather ruining wallet draining machine and knew that one day I'd bring her back to life and thrash my father on his Tuono some more around Snetterton (Thanks to MCT rebuilding my suspension she's on rails), well, after a trip in March to Spain with some family and friends riding enduro bikes through the mountains of Malaga courtesy of Trailblazers pro the bug was truly back on.

So, peeled back the cover to find a dusty sorry looking 'Storm pretty much how she was tucked away and decided to act.

The worst part I felt at the time was the crack around the fairing bracket, I felt this was a no go and needed a new panel, googling about I found people "welding" fairing with soldering iron's. So I had a go, whats the worst that can happen?

Before:

After (a wee bit more filler before a P400 sand down)

Quite happy with that, but it wasnt the worst part! That area seems solid Theres a crack above the left mirror, I repaired it and cracked it again when sanding it. so I'm going to melt a metal pin in, "weld" again, fill and sand that bit and hopefully with the screen in it will be solid!

Well, at this point I decided why learn to spray and pretty up the fairings when the whole bike needs the TLC I've been to scared to get spanners to.

So this happened :crazy: :

Im still deciding if I want to take the swing arm off and powder coat it, the calipers will be coming off, and I need to look into how to protect those prior to powder coating.

I bought another sub frame from ebay as I bricked it taking it off :whatever: thinking I'd forget where everything went, then I sandblasted it (I'm a mason so have access)

and handed it to our partner company (next door) to be powder coated....white.... as I was (probably still will) spray the bike white. However, it looks great

But I'll take mine off and get it done black I think (anyone want a white gloss sub frame powdercoated at 180c?)

The shock is, well, shocking!

Going to powdercoat the spring white (it was a b8stard to remove), I dont fancy sandblasting it, so waiting for it to take a trip to Aerocoat in St Olaves who have a machine that will gently agitate it smooth and will powdercoat it for £10! :beer:

The front forks, Im bottling it again, I know I should pull them apart and powdercoat them. But I spent a small fortune having them rebuilt and dont want to ruin anything inside, so they first got a bath of nitro mors whilst I contemplated hitting them with Hammerite:

:sick:

But then I made the silly decision of rubbing them up smooth by hands, in the bath (good job the old lady loves me), with wet and dry :Ball Kick:

Ive hit them with acid etch primer (please dont fricking peel) and will be attacking them with high build this coming weekend before spraying matt black (opinions on this, does it look half as good as I imagine?)

Thats pretty much it to date, have a delivery from pro bolts on the way, with another order to make (they are bloody expensive).

All in all, cant wait to get her out, she does start (a new battery confirmed this, though took atleast two minutes to fire. I still have to rectify what the idiot at Track Electronics done to her when he was setting her up, so a trip to Seastar Superbikes is in order to get the fueling correct with the Yoshi's.

Ill keep you up to date. Hello to any newer members, and an apology for being away to long to the oldies and RIP to Benny :(
Last edited by Eclectic on Tue May 16, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome back mate
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF