what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to someone else's"bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Visit from Alan F Jones today...

A man who knows how to treat a host...

Unfortunatly Vanstub attened as well...he only brought cheap lemon iced buns from the co-op... :lol:

The visit was to do his carb balance to get it out of the way...

So when stripping the bike down to get at the front take off point blanking bolt...Mangled screw in the rear stack...proper mangled... Got it out in the end...

Strangely when the air box came off I found a pairs system all plumbed in...R reg, MPH clocks...eh? me thinks it's been imported from somewhere...

Any way Alan was complaining of lots of poping & banging, when I went to loosen the carb rubbers, both front & rear were a fair bit loose...

Take off mounted, warmed it up, checked the balance...more or less spot on, had a fiddle & put it out of sync to check all working as should re adjusted. Boxed it back up...

Alan asked me to run it round the block to see what I thought...All good..best not mention that speed camera van I went past... :wink:

Day nearly ende in disaster when Al lost his footing mounting up...fortunatly Custard was there to cushion the fall... :eek2 No damage done to either bike just a bit of a dent in Al's pride...Been there done that broken the indicator... :redface

Alans bike is a real nice bit of kit...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by StormyRob »

Cannot help but feel inferior!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote:Cannot help but feel inferior!
Don't worry, Vanstub was having lots of fun pointing out all the bits that were wrong with it... :lol: :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

No I mean the biscuits seeing as I arrived empty handed!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote:No I mean the biscuits seeing as I arrived empty handed!
Yeah but you know better now for next time...
podman

Re: what have you done to someone else's"bike" today

Post by podman »

MacV2 wrote:Visit from Alan F Jones today...

A man who knows how to treat a host...

Unfortunatly Vanstub attened as well...he only brought cheap lemon iced buns from the co-op... :lol:

The visit was to do his carb balance to get it out of the way...

So when stripping the bike down to get at the front take off point blanking bolt...Mangled screw in the rear stack...proper mangled... Got it out in the end...

Strangely when the air box came off I found a pairs system all plumbed in...R reg, MPH clocks...eh? me thinks it's been imported from somewhere...

Any way Alan was complaining of lots of poping & banging, when I went to loosen the carb rubbers, both front & rear were a fair bit loose...

Take off mounted, warmed it up, checked the balance...more or less spot on, had a fiddle & put it out of sync to check all working as should re adjusted. Boxed it back up...

Alan asked me to run it round the block to see what I thought...All good..best not mention that speed camera van I went past... :wink:

Day nearly ende in disaster when Al lost his footing mounting up...fortunatly Custard was there to cushion the fall... :eek2 No damage done to either bike just a bit of a dent in Al's pride...Been there done that broken the indicator... :redface

Alans bike is a real nice bit of kit...

Super job, I bet those cans sound good too.

Its a strange one but do you find sometimes the cheaper buns & pastries taste better than, say other brands like Waitrose?

CostCo belgian buns are second to none...and huuuge!
podman

Post by podman »

Made it out on the Firestorm this afternoon.

One Summers evening, many moons ago, a group of friend, may or may not have rode their enduro bikes all over this place..

Very wrong...but oh so good..Id imagine..

[url]Image
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have the same view about golf courses ..... its a waste of a good dirt track :lol:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:
Rob was considering your figure Mac :wink: :lol: what with you being slightly restricted in activity atm,

Chris.
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Having had a few problems with the battery holding its charge, decided to change it !
Yuasa , 43 Quid from Halfrauds with my Trade card :thumbup:
Also oil and filter changed and a thoroughly good clean,
No mods done this winter to the old girl due to my on going personal problems,
I'm now getting divorced from my wife and separated from my current girlfriend at the same time !!
I Love women :D
It could only happen to me :D
Still, the Vee twin is back on the road :thumbup: :beer:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
Rob was considering your figure Mac :wink: :lol: what with you being slightly restricted in activity atm,

Chris.
Far to late for that Chris...I've put two bloody stone on since I've been off... :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What is the point in anyone getting married unless your highly religious in which case one would not get divorced. Pointless exercise if you ask me. Oh well sexbots are around the corner chaps and there's always teledildonics and/or VR. You can even experiment being the woman for once if that kind of thing floats your boat :roll:

I haven't touched my VTR for so long now and it's now got a flat battery. Haven't even gotten around to taking it off too charge. I shall never get rid of the VTR but I keep looking at other bikes that may suit me for more day to day stuff and more comfort over distance. I'm pulling towards a newer VFR800 with ABS and full luggage but just don't know. Maybe a CBF, the problem is that I am more sport inclined and want something light and flickable so I'm even looking at the new CBR500 or CBR600rr but they are no good for distance. I really don't know. In the meantime while I nose around and drool at eBay I shall continue to save money. It would be nice to have something newer and in pristine condition.

On another note I went to see an orthopaedic surgeon and they are planning on doing some keyhole surgery, scape out the arthritis and fuse my dislocated subtalar bones below the fib and tib in my ankle. No wonder it's painful after 8-10 hours on my feet behind the bar, I've been living with a dislocation :eek2 It's forced me to take the odd Tramadol to get through a shift at times. Apparently the Op wont affect my movement and may even increase it. Got to go for a CT scan next week and they are going to inject some drugs into the joint so I have some long term pain relief while I wait for the Op.
http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/treatme ... usion.aspx
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote:What is the point in anyone getting married unless your highly religious in which case one would not get divorced. Pointless exercise if you ask me. Oh well sexbots are around the corner chaps and there's always teledildonics and/or VR. You can even experiment being the woman for once if that kind of thing floats your boat :roll:

I haven't touched my VTR for so long now and it's now got a flat battery. Haven't even gotten around to taking it off too charge. I shall never get rid of the VTR but I keep looking at other bikes that may suit me for more day to day stuff and more comfort over distance. I'm pulling towards a newer VFR800 with ABS and full luggage but just don't know. Maybe a CBF, the problem is that I am more sport inclined and want something light and flickable so I'm even looking at the new CBR500 or CBR600rr but they are no good for distance. I really don't know. In the meantime while I nose around and drool at eBay I shall continue to save money. It would be nice to have something newer and in pristine condition.

On another note I went to see an orthopaedic surgeon and they are planning on doing some keyhole surgery, scape out the arthritis and fuse my dislocated subtalar bones below the fib and tib in my ankle. No wonder it's painful after 8-10 hours on my feet behind the bar, I've been living with a dislocation :eek2 It's forced me to take the odd Tramadol to get through a shift at times. Apparently the Op wont affect my movement and may even increase it. Got to go for a CT scan next week and they are going to inject some drugs into the joint so I have some long term pain relief while I wait for the Op.
http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/treatme ... usion.aspx
Thats kinda good news re the bone hacking...Hope that all works out for you ya bloody Raspberry...

Now pull that finger out & get the Black Beast on the road so you can get to Grainstorm IV...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode Custard up to Woolwich to see the OH Doc...70 odd mile round trip...Custard & the shoulder held up OK...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Added some black to help reduce the wheelies

AMcQ