Manual cct

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bazza696

Re: Manual cct

Post by bazza696 »

Witmarsh got in their first. But I have pm'd he'll.
hellfire

Post by hellfire »

Sad part in my country no mecanic dare to fit m cct and i'm a little restrained to fit them myself will see If the front will fail on me its almost new like 500 miles and back about 1k
And no money to come in uk to fit them i Wish i was born in a different country
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Why don't you search the "how to mod" and try the mod your self. you wont have to worry about it then if it does fail. It will just be a case of replacing instead of a full head strip down at the minimum. If you just reinstall the autos they will self tension and as long as they are backed out slowly and reinserted slowly there will be no risk of jumping the cam chain.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

They really are not hard to fit Hellfire...

Just take your time & follow the instruction posted in the workshop knowlagebase...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 83#p264315
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

hellfire wrote:Sad part in my country no mecanic dare to fit m cct and i'm a little restrained to fit them myself will see If the front will fail on me its almost new like 500 miles and back about 1k
And no money to come in uk to fit them i Wish i was born in a different country
Hellfire I was exactly like you. I did not feel very confident about doing the manual ccts swap but I gave it a go. I'm really glad I did. The people here are very knowledgeable and the guide is excellent.
Just give it a go and you will surprise yourself.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Yup. I did the stopper mod. I'm very used to rebuilding two strokes but I'd never delved into an engine with all those valves and things before. I took it very slowly and carefully. It took a long time but the instructions are VERY good.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
hellfire

Post by hellfire »

What to use for locking that nut? Loctite 243 or gasket silicon?
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I can't be doing to bad as I have sold 400+ sets in the last 3 yrs , all over the world with happy vtr owners,so not bad for a bloke in a shed (Tensioners are cnc machine from T6 Aluminium in my shed)lol :lol:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

adewhitmarsh wrote:I can't be doing to bad as I have sold 400+ sets in the last 3 yrs , all over the world with happy vtr owners,so not bad for a bloke in a shed (Tensioners are cnc machine from T6 Aluminium in my shed)lol :lol:
Nice one Ade :thumbup:
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!