what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
podman

Re: what have you done to your

Post by podman »

uk13iker wrote:Image picked my new bike up and put it next to the vtr am I pushing my luck think she will notice? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmm...you may well have got away with a straight stop but if she can count, she screwed... :D
ConTRo13R

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by ConTRo13R »

Explan to your wife that its a case of Promiscuous bike sydrome
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

ConTRo13R wrote:Explan to your wife that its a case of Promiscuous bike sydrome
I will tell her your the forum doctor and you diagnosed me thank you haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

put it on a 3" block of wood ready to do the Rear shock.I think removing the hugger will take longer than removing the shock.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Finally! Got them frikkin carbs balanced. at least to the point where shes better than she has been in a long time. Tell you what I blundered. Dropped the tank once... got lucky.
Hooked up to the overflow instead of the rear head...
Bottles werent strong enough so collapsed a set of em...
used a break chain bb. plugged her in right and the front was sucking like a hoover or something that rhymes with it.
Got it so the bb rested in the center but the tube was sticky. so I am probably in rough spec.
fine tuned it by ear in all rpm ranges.
flushed my clutch.
put air in her.

Gotta say wow! It feels new. Better than when I did my first carb tune. I have not had the guts to snap her in first but top end is great.

Also if you dont have your carbs balanced. I dunno why I waited so long. I could have gotten semi close by ear. shell let you know if your outta the ballpark by farting. Oh thats the best part not even a sbd. No carb farts.

One last piece of fat chewing. I been a ghost one here because I have not had the time. Couldnt touch the vtr before yesterday. Busineuss it better. I actually gotta get back to work on my visual novel soon. I got a older but great 5.1 system. Converted an imac to linux with an ssd. upgraded my laptop among lots of other shart so i been busy. Countrymic if you see this ill pm you soon.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

suspension done and the private plate fitted. yahoo had a great day.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Today i have removed all the Luggage frames and replaced the rear tail panel as it was badly scratched and the Paint was coming off. I have also cleaned up all the bolts, cleaned all the threads, greased and refitted the bolts and the rack and frame correctly.

Very glad i bought a bench grinder and wire wheel the other week. Cleans the fur off the bolts a treat. Greased and then refitted the bolts etc.Whoever fitted them originally put everything in Dry ( Lloydie !!!)

yesterday i also redid the wiring to the Heated Grips, Fitted a dash switch to turn the charge light off when it isn't running etc. Rewired in the Sat nav plug. Used heatsink, previously it was a chocolate block.

My wife also totally stunned me by saying we should ride to Austria for 2 weeks in the summer, go through France etc Iam up for that!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Somethimes putting it in dry is nice !!
But always best to offer lube

The wife likes it too then ?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:Today i have removed all the Luggage frames and replaced the rear tail panel as it was badly scratched and the Paint was coming off. I have also cleaned up all the bolts, cleaned all the threads, greased and refitted the bolts and the rack and frame correctly.

Very glad i bought a bench grinder and wire wheel the other week. Cleans the fur off the bolts a treat. Greased and then refitted the bolts etc.Whoever fitted them originally put everything in Dry ( Lloydie !!!)

yesterday i also redid the wiring to the Heated Grips, Fitted a dash switch to turn the charge light off when it isn't running etc. Rewired in the Sat nav plug. Used heatsink, previously it was a chocolate block.

My wife also totally stunned me by saying we should ride to Austria for 2 weeks in the summer, go through France etc Iam up for that!!!
ride to Austria via spain, admittedly it's a bit of a detour, but your always welcome at mine mate
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Got out to the MacCave & did something productive...

Stripped, cleaned & rebuilt a set of callipers front & rear...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

MacV2 wrote:Got out to the MacCave & did something productive...

Good work..I wish I had a decent man cave, with some room, heat and a bike ramp would be nice too , on cold days like this I cant get anything done in my single garage rammed with bike, cycles, fridge/fzr and all that other domestic junk..
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

podman wrote:

Good work..I wish I had a decent man cave, with some room, heat and a bike ramp would be nice too , on cold days like this I cant get anything done in my single garage rammed with bike, cycles, fridge/fzr and all that other domestic junk..
Put it somewhere comfy....

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nice one Redstorm :thumbup:
Converted an imac to linux
can I ask what linux distubution your using out of curiosity? I'm thinking of having a linux partition or drive and slowly converting myself. It's not the OS that is the issue for me so much but loosing the likes of Photoshop and using Gimp and it's not Gimp so much but the vast amount of plugins I use.
Hey at least you have a roof over your head. All I have is a back yard :(
==============================Enter the Darkside
podman

Post by podman »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
podman wrote:

Put it somewhere comfy....

Even more jealous, ive not even managed to get a wheel into the conservatory, let alone a whole bike in the front room...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

took my friends end cans off for a clean, plus one wasn't at the correct angle and it drove me mad, straight away one of the mikalor clamps was corroded and the bolt snapped, no big deal, I have spares in the uk, once removed I cleaned them up, rubbed down the end of the linkpipes, so I could get a nice tight seal, polished them up, refitted them, any gave them a quick spray of wd40 and a wipe over with a cloth. the mikalor clamp on the other side was saveable after lots of cleaning it came up like new. happy days
Last edited by agentpineapple on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!