CCT Failure

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: CCT Failure

Post by VTRDark »

That's probably the fiddliest part of doing this, trying to connect the two breather pipes at the front left of the box and get the spring clip on.
I can get my hand down the front crossbar and underneath with the airbox sat in place. :biggrin

Good to hear you got it all sorted. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Happy days big man, result. get her back out on the road :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

hallie wrote:Image

I was wondering about the springs on the CCT's. Do they always break at the bend like mine has, this is an obvious weak point so wondering if they all fail here.If this is the case you cold strengthen that part with some of Spiderman's web stuff, it might get tangled up in the rest of the spring though rendering it useless, just a thought.
Also, why are the springs not the compression type so they are always filling the void if they break, a bit like the stopper mod.
I thought about a gas strut type CCT but they do fail often like the ones propping up our boot lids on the cars needing a length of 2x2 to take over the job.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's a common spot for them to break but they don't all break there. You may want to take a read of the following thread.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=38226
==============================Enter the Darkside
macdee

Post by macdee »

I would worry to much why the spring breaks Honda don't
Stopped or mcct the big girl and get her going
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

Took her for a ride the other day and did about 75miles...all good no issues at all. Very lucky.
To all those who have a Firestorm you really should get those CCT's changed for new ones with stopper mod or manuals. Don't let the old ones wreck your engine.
What an underrated bike the Firestorm is.