Vaping

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: Vaping

Post by bigtwinthing »

you could always show some will power, give up and save some cash too!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That would be pushing it. If I done that I might start boozing :lol: The next step is reducing the nicotine intake not that it's bad for ones health, but I could drink more coffee then :biggrin I think the ancient Egyptians used take nicotine as a stimulant.

Here we go
http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/ethnic/mummy.htm
==============================Enter the Darkside
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

A question for you experienced vaper's.

I trying to get off the fags and have tried a couple of the E-cigs, first one was the Ego-T pen type and I have just got a Foxvape sub ohm.
My problem is that every time I use it makes me cough badly!!
I'm using 6% nicotine fluids as I tried the higher strengths and they made me cough very badly but it has made little difference.
Anyone got any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong???? all advice welcome.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It could be the airflow and taking direct to lung rather then mouth to lung that is causing you to cough. Don't take such deep drags either and inhale it slowly and not for too long. The ego would have more likely been been mouth to lung where as with the sub ohming and more airflow combined with the extra heat from sub ohmng it's more likely straight to the lung. It's a big step from the ego and gives a much stronger and more flavorsome hit a bit like going from a weaker cigarette to a stronger if you know what I mean, so takes some getting used too. I suppose it could also be compare to smoking a cigarette compared to a cigar.

It could also be the juice you using. What percentage VG/PG does your juice contain. I find that a higher percentage of VG is better like 70 VG / 30 PG higher concentrations of PG can cause some slight irritations that bring on coughing. Bring the voltage / wattage down a tad too so it's not so hot. You need to experiment with this. It looks like a sub ohm version of my curve that Foxvape along with a tight airflow. Another good thing with reducing the wattage is you will save some battery and coil time as well as not burn through your juice so fast. With higher wattage comes more heat and faster burn which really does IMO require good airflow to not only cool things down a bit but make it easier to take down straight to lung.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I don't like sub-ohm vaping personally, I use mine at 12w, with a 1.8ohm coil (12% nicotine juice) and have the airflow pretty tight so I have to suck at it and take it into the mouth, then down and out. Even then it takes getting used to and I coughed a lot (still do first drags in a morning) and the wife can't get on with them.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Thanks Guy's. I'll keep plugging away :shifty:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mouth to lung or straight to lung makes no odds to me but then my lungs have been pretty abused in the past with bongs and what not so quite used to it. Crikey I remember the days like cheech and chong and I used to have a glass bong at the side of the bed, wake up in the middle of the night have a blast and then fall back to sleep :lol:

I was the one one the left. :roll:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

6 mg is about as high as I went while sub ohming, I vape at 3mg, also I tend not to inhale deep into the lungs, maybe just about halfway, also some types of juices can give me a bit of a dry cough, usually a cream, check out You tube videos, and experiment for different techniques :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Big Tobacco companies are now getting in on the vaping.

[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2myg-4zkE8
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

give up FFS :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You've got to be joking I enjoy it...anyway if I give up I will end up drinking..Oh yeh I'm dong that too :lol: :lol: Oh well it's better than heroin or some other substance. Maybe I should stick to chocolate and caffeine. :lol: :lol: :lol: There's no harm in vaping and it's doing no more damage than breathing polluted air. I hear those CBF 1000's are really bad for your health :roll: as bad as vaping anyway. :wink:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:You've got to be joking I enjoy it...anyway if I give up I will end up drinking..Oh yeh I'm dong that too :lol: :lol: Oh well it's better than heroin or some other substance. Maybe I should stick to chocolate and caffeine. :lol: :lol: :lol: There's no harm in vaping and it's doing no more damage than breathing polluted air. I hear those CBF 1000's are really bad for your health :roll: as bad as vaping anyway. :wink:
Storms are bad for my health.... :lol: :lol: ouch..damit....

Still I have cut down on the fags...3 - 4 a day at the moment but then I was only smoking about 12 a day anyway.

So I see this as a good time to stop... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's a step in the right direction Mac. Get yourself a vape and after a week there will be no more coughing and all that mucus will be off your chest. Don't do it yet though as it will break down and you will cough it up to begin with which with those ribs you don't want so stick to the fags for now.

One of the regulars in the pub last night tried to tell me that alcohol is not a drug and their not addicted. :lol: I said to him it's no different from heroin accept it's a diffrent buzz and one is legal and one is not. Because it's legalised a lot of folk don't class it as a drug or see it as a bad thing or at least something that can lead to worse.