Did you join this forum because your CCT failed?

General Biker Banter

Did you join because your CCT failed?

Yes, the front one went
7%
Yes, the rear one went
4%
No, but I was worried and fitted manuals/stopper mod
75%
No, but I was worried and fitted new std Honda ones
4%
No, I trust Honda's R+D and engineering skills
11%

Total votes: 28

VTR Phoenix

Re: Did you join this forum because your CCT failed?

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I joined for all the useful information after having bought a rolling chassis and about half a dozen boxes of parts.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I joined the forum a few years after buying the bike and then lurked for a few more yrs lifting information out of the workshop section........ because I am an introvert with anti-social tendencies and low tolerance to the usual internet tosspots that you generally find on most Forums.

I didn't do the CCT stoppers till 5yrs ago, motivated by having read too many stories on hear about them going pop!.... So I have ran the bike on the same CCTs for 50,000 miles [1/2 the time unprotected, the last 1/2 protect3ed] and they are still working OK.

But now I think its tough to say which I am more attached to, the Bike or the Forum
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grumpyfrog wrote:Tony,
you need to add another option:
"I joined as I am a nutter and had no idea what a CCT was before I joined: thanks for informing me."

I'll vote for that.
same, well except for the nutter bit
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good question Tony :thumbup:

I didn't join for any of the reasons listed.
I was on the Motor Cycle News forum with some of the members who are on here (Stratman, Stormsmasher and Rainmaker, plus others I'm sure) who found out about this forum and suggested I give it try, as not a lot was happening on the MCNews forum at the time.

The rest is history as they say :D

Chris.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

i had used the workshop section a lot and was on storm 5 when i joined but my 1st post was related to a front cct failure. replace with a standard
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Looked at the forum before buying the bike to find out it's troubled areas.Bought the bike and went to Moto gp at assen and back to Watford with no probs but put manuals in anyway.I am now waiting for a mosfet r/r to arrive from usa.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:I jioned coz I'm lonley & have no freinds...

I now have 4 Storms & a Cave full of bits but still no freinds... :(
buy more Bacon and have another Garage day :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i always wanted a storm so before buying one i joined the forum.
since then im broke.i cant stop touching mine and spending money it doesnt need,i ride around like a Richard, iv started doing track days again and spending more money, iv also turned into a dribbling pervert.(oh wait a min, cancel that)...i also go camping with leather clad men who also ride these dam bikes.

baaastards you are all to blame for this. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

More or less.

Front one went, which is how I came by the bike. Joined the forum to pester folks I've never met for information on how to get it back together. :clap: :clap:
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

AMCQ46 wrote:I joined the forum a few years after buying the bike and then lurked for a few more yrs lifting information out of the workshop section........ because I am an introvert with anti-social tendencies and low tolerance to the usual internet tosspots that you generally find on most Forums.

I didn't do the CCT stoppers till 5yrs ago, motivated by having read too many stories on hear about them going pop!.... So I have ran the bike on the same CCTs for 50,000 miles [1/2 the time unprotected, the last 1/2 protect3ed] and they are still working OK.

But now I think its tough to say which I am more attached to, the Bike or the Forum
I know this is true coz we live within five miles of each other, an ive never been to his, and hes never been to mine, prob coz im the same as him !
Mine was in a mates garage for several years doing nothing i was bikeless so did a deal, now it takes up most if not all of my free time, i will never sell it, as Kev says "its a keeper" 10 years and 40,000 miles still does it for me :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

as i will not be able to go to wales meet, i might just have to meet up with you and kev for a ride out that way :D

you planning any trips to reeky the routes?
AMcQ
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

AMCQ46 wrote:as i will not be able to go to wales meet, i might just have to meet up with you and kev for a ride out that way :D

you planning any trips to reeky the routes?
Kev is busy for couple of weeks fixing trains, apparently its Aug is silly season , so probably wont get a decent Wales one in till early Sept, however, your quite welcome to pop in for a cuppa one evening and practice your social skills, or sit in the cave sourounded by bike stuff and talk baldrocks :thumbup:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Im not next Sunday ! ive been given a day off for good behaviour ( only the one mind)
:D
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Oh and like Mac I joined the forum coz I have no friends (oh and I bought a Firestorm) :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Steve, Kev.....Sunday could be possible for me if you fancy a raiding party into Wales?
AMcQ