city bike service London E1

Best deals in town
bigtwinthing

Re: city bike service London E1

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:as we all know London is the center of the known universe, and as such those of us that reside here pay through the nose for almost everything..... :(

thats True Marty, the cabbies are right robbin barstewards. I know some who even charge their Nans for Fares :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:as we all know London is the center of the known universe, and as such those of us that reside here pay through the nose for almost everything..... :(

thats True Marty, the cabbies are right robbin barstewards. I know some who even charge their Nans for Fares :lol:
she can afford it, she gets winter heating allowance...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

If you are limited for choice when it comes to MOT stations in the area and they have to travel any distance other than just up the road to take a bike for a MOT then I understand why they charge, time is money afterall and it still helps out customers who don't have time to take the bike themselves.. That said, if the MOT station is local... then i'd say that it's a bit of a con. Still understand why they charge but I wouldn't... I used to do many car MOTs back in the day and only charged the full retail price for taking the car. In my view it was just all part of the service and a way of looking after my customers... if it passed, so be it but ofc if it failed.. i'd be getting the work or at the least i'd be doing the best to look after my customers in the first place hoping that i'd get the work.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the problem is London, rent and rates are so high, a garage needs to make as much money as possible. if your paying a mechanic £15 an hour and it takes him an hour to ride the bike to and from the mot station and wait for the bike, they have to charge for it.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

agentpineapple wrote:the problem is London, rent and rates are so high, a garage needs to make as much money as possible. if your paying a mechanic £15 an hour and it takes him an hour to ride the bike to and from the mot station and wait for the bike, they have to charge for it.
Cost of living is higher in London.. I agree.. but I still don't agree with the need for the extra costs... not if they have a local MOT station to go to. You can suck up a slight loss running the bike for the MOT in order to try and get any extra work ie any repairs needed or servicing which is where the real profit is. Plus you don't need to be sending mechanics out running around... that's what gophers are for :lol: