Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

glad you got it sorted bazza..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I think I'll use me stand puck tomorrow... 8O

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's all those Rats you have got rid of from underground it's left a gap so now there is somewhere for the top layer to go. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I took a quick ride up to sudden impact in chadwell heath today, only to find out they've gone out of business......ffs
wasted journey, even tho their website is still up and running. :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Checked tyre psi ready for tomorrow's thrash to work :-)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bazza696 wrote:The weekend fitted the new Electrex series RR, thought it was a dud so dad took it home to try it on his CBF.

All was fine so the stator was to blame. Initial checks show resistance was within tolerance, but running it showed one phase running a higher voltage than the other two.

So new stator was fitted after the bike cooled, dad bought the RR back and refitted, all runs fins now so should have no more failures.

New Stator

Imageupload photos

Spot the odd one out competition

Imagephoto uploader

Imageuploading pictures

price will be a used stator, one careful owner :)
Where did you get your new stator from Baz :?:

Chris.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Well Yesterday really.

Gave the Firestorm a bit of a clean after Devon storm, then went out on the GSXR, I now realise my storm is so well sorted, the WP shock works very well and I don't give it a 2nd thought, the engine pulls well and is nice and smooth, by contrast the GSXR jars over bumps, dives too fast on the brakes, squats at the back powering out of some corners and worst of all the throttle at initial input is like an on/off switch, makes it feel like the chains slack and the cush drives are worn (they aren't) tried a wheelie and it was a somewhat jerky affair, I've had GSXR1000 K4, K5 and K7 before and none of them have been like this 2013 model, they were so smooth on the throttle. Looks like I've got some work to do setting up suspension and looking for a cure to the throttle problem. At the moment the storm is the better rider, but oooh that GSXR power when you wind it up :D

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:I took a quick ride up to sudden impact in chadwell heath today, only to find out they've gone out of business......ffs
wasted journey, even tho their website is still up and running. :thumbdown:
Thats strange...On the website it gives the addy as Chadwell Heath...which is where I went last year. However on their Farcebook page it gives the addy as... 68 Crown Lane, London, N14 5EU, United Kingdom. That is Sudden Impact Services Ltd...but the phone number given is the same...

Have you tried phoning them Marty ?

https://www.facebook.com/SuddenImpactUk ... 2627758120

http://www.sudden-impactuk.com/contact.html

The guy who owns it is Russ, a freind of a freind, i'll see if I can find out any info...

Was it all shut up ? Any notices plasterd up ?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Right Marty...Sudden Impact has closed down.

According to my sources it just got too big & wasn't making enough to pay the bills...

However Russ is still working doing bikes ect but from a much smaller premises..now in Justums Lane.

I have a personal mobile for Russ & I will call him tomorow & see if I can get a work number off him for you.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

completely gone mac, and in it's place was pit stop tyres.... :(
any info would be welcomed el presidente :kneel: ..........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

today I put fresh fluid in the cutch and bled it up, then I cleaned the chain, which is in fact gold not black.... :lol:
I also cleaned and greased up the clutch and brake levers.
removed some decals and applied a few new ones, i'm not liking them atm, so they too will probably be removed in the future,
gave it a real good clean, just need to sort out the fairing paint and fork tube now.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:today I put fresh fluid in the ditch and tipped me boots out, then I removed foliage from the chain, which is in fact gold not green.... :lol:
I also cleaned and greased up the clutch and brake levers in the hope that the brakes will stop me next time.
removed some algae and applied some new , i'm not liking it atm, it gives me flashbacks so that will probably be removed in the future,
gave it a real good clean, just need to sort out the fairing paint and do it Red now.... :(
I've deciphered your code Marty & put the real transcript up for all to see... :wink:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

some foliage did wash out from behind the headlight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

had a quick 67 mile blast, totally loving the Pilot tyres, however, my boots are nearly worn out at the front where they hit the tarmac. its was an idd feeling to start with but now seems to be the norm. I've fitted a new Wind deflector to the massive screen, bit like the MRA things, it was on a Kawasaki screen on e bay, bought for £18 and just drilled and fitted the small adj screen to the top. The difference is amazing, Wind was hitting the top of my helmet etc, it now diverts over the top. Great result. France for 4 days next week i hope.

Bought the wife a new car, An electricity thingy !!! wow electric has some torque for sure
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
kev64

Post by kev64 »

After my sunday run out, gave her a bit of a clean, cured a slight oil leak coming
from LH casing (small timing plug) and gave her my weekly checkover.
All is good !
You know its great not to be messing and just riding !!
This is how it should be (although my valve clearances are well over due :problem: )
:thumbup: