Vaping

General Biker Banter
redpig

Re: Vaping

Post by redpig »

I think one or two drags are equal to smoking one fag.
So you might be smoking a lot more than you should.
The vapour itself is not without risks
Be careful mate
ook
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I've been back on the fags for a week or 3 and I've been craving the juice !!
Back to the vape shop and loaded up with 100ml 6% reloaded black :-) new pack of coils ,feel better already .
Hate smoking now and especially the stink that comes with it . .
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Disagree with that statement Redpig, There was a Documentry on the BBC about 3 weeks ago
and it was a real eye opener, they reckon its 90 odd % less harmful, the experiment was carried out
by scientist and doctors, the one doctor who had never smoked in his life, did a month of
vaping with no effects, as I said, I been vaping reasonably heaverly for 8 months now,
I certainly don't cough or bring up sh1t like I used to !
redpig

Post by redpig »

I recently read about a condition called popcorn lungs caused by vaping, don't know how true but worth a look
ook
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Higher Propylene glycerine can be an issue for some folk. Dehydration, dry mouth and some may even have an allergic reaction to it like a lot of things. You body soon tells you if you ODing on Nicotine as it can cause headaches and a bit of a buzz. No worse than Caffeine really. Some say there are even health benefits to Nicotine and it can act like an aphrodisiac as well as give someone a little lift. LOL More energy. Nicotine really is not a problem it's all the other crap that is thrown in with Tobacco. Smoking would not be bad if tobacco didn't contain the 1000 odd chemicals including cyanide, formaldehyde, arsenic etc.

Even if there are some negative effects to vapping I will still continue because I feel so much better. There's no comparison to smoking. My breathing is better, no smells, teeth are looking better and you can vape indoors, including most pubs and restaurants, so less restrictions in place. The only p;ace where there are restriction is Airports, public transport and hospitals. Now we just need a turn around in the EU Tobacco Directive which came into play just before the referendum, so we can have bigger bottles than 10ml of juice, bigger tanks than 2ml and the suppliers don't have to pay high testing fees which will end up increasing the prices of everything.
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Still going strong not had a cigarette since I started vaping.

OK I shall start by saying that any dangers with vaping is no comparison to smoking tobacco but as we all know it's early days and we are not entirely sure of any real dangers that may be involved from breathing in certain chemicals, mainly the flavourings that go into juice which apparently can cause what is known as popcorn lung. I'm not sure of the facts behind this or even how serious the popcorn lung threat is. For all we know it could have evolved as a scare tactic from a very low number of incidents in popcorn factories in the States. I never have liked the smell of Microwave popcorn :sick:

I've been looking into mixing my own juice. After lots of looking through various sites and comparing prices etc I think I am going to go with the following https://makemyvape.co.uk/. Buying pre made manufactured juices is ridiculous and pushes the price of vaping up higher than smoking tobacco which kind of defeats the object or incentive to not smoke. For me it's not just the health factor but the cost factor.

Anyway I came across an article on the flavourings and chemicals used to create these. Note we get a lot of this stuff in our food produce but we are not drinking the juice but heating it up and inhaling so they may have different long term affects. :shrugs shoulders I doubt it will make much difference to us at out age and we will be dead anyway, but the youngsters of today may find out in 30-50 years time that it's as bad as tobacco smoking. I thought it was worth you guys having a read and in particular the test results for some of the flavourings.

Not all manufactures will say exactly what percentages of what they have exactly in their flavourings. I guess that would be like Channel giving the ingredients out for their perfumes. Anyway here's the link.

http://thecleanvape.com/diacetyl-acetyl ... d-acetoin/

Any advice/info on mixing ones own juices and where you get your ingredients from would be handy along with any recipe's. Do you prefer more vapour (VG) or more of a throat hit (PG) and what percentages do you use. How have you found that different flavouring affect this :thumbup:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Hi Carl, Been vaping for nearly 9 months and its been mostly good for me.
Ive been subohm vaping pretty much from the start, basically direct to lung,
i have a 4 electronic mods, which are all still going strong so fairly reliable kit.
Ive bought 8 tanks, 5 are still in use, 1 kind of shorted out and went bang so that
went in the bin, 1 leaks badly and havnt got round to solving the problem,
1 is a RBA, which has twin coils, i make my own coils for this.
Did i mention i do my own coils !! Bought a coil making kit and various
types of wire, works out cheaper but is a bit of a faf about, i kinda lost
interest to be honest so i buy the pre made coils at the moment as
they are pretty good , last a few weeks,and fairly cheap.
As for making your own liquid, i was thinking of going down this road myself,
however i go off liquids quite quickly so i keep on changing liquids
I vape high VG as i found the higher PG gave me a bit of a sore throat,
also i love making big clouds and annoying people :D

Inventory

Tanks

1x innokin i sub G tank , very reliable owned for 8 months, quite good flavour
1x innokin i sub v tank , reliable owned for 2 months, quite good flavour
1x innokin i sub s tank , very reliable owned for 6 months, quite good flavour

2x Uwell Crown tank, superb flavour, reliable and well built, a bit juice hungry though
and huge amounts of cloudage !!!! recommend

1x UD Bellus RTA (rebuildable) awesome flavour, leaks a bit now and then

Mods
Clouper GT80, Temp. control, cheap looking but quite reliable, requires 2 Batterys, but lasts 2 days before charge
Cfiber 100w Auto, again reliable, only really works with the innokin tanks , sealed so cant change battery, my going out vape as it will last a day and a half before charge.
Joyetech evic mini, Temp control, 75w, requires 1x Battery, doesnt last long between charge, my work vape
Innokin coolfire 4, owned for 8 months, reliable, lasts all day, again a good going out vape

After buying cheap off ebay ( :D ) its not always the best route as there are quite alot of non genuine stuff (surprise surprise)
I also use a chinese on line shop, Gearbest, cheap,cheap cheap, just prey nothing goes wrong !!also takes about 3 weeks to arrive :problem:
I now have a shop just up the road from me(bitandpieces vape shop, longbridge, Birmingham (also on line)always have sales too
You can try your different juices,a good selection, and also make your own concentrate, they offer good advice, i get all my vape stuff from here now

Any advice on any type of vaping ;
http://ukvapers.org/index.php
Ive been a member here since i started, like on here a very helpful bunch !!

Hope this helps :thumbup:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Oh yeah, My juice i use is 70VG/30PG juice and down to 3mg of nicoteen :thumbup:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

One other thing , Temperature control stops you getting those horrible dry hits that can happen now and then :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Fookin ell Kev your like me and don't do things by half's :lol: I quite like the idea of RDA's but yeh I guess it can be a bit of a faff. For now it's the juice that is bothering me. It's just so expensive compared to making ones own. Once I get employment again with a regular income I can see myslef buying a few devices. The curve 2 I have is great...really working well for me and it's discrete. If I go down the sub ohm route that's going to mean even more expense as coils burn out quicker and more juice usage. But hey, it's early days for for me yet. Most importantly it's working and I have not wanted a cigarette since. My teeth are looking better too, they don't go so Yellow not to mention smelly breath. My gawd smoking stinks. :eek2 I'm on a 50/50 juice at the moment and it's a little more irritable than the 60/40 I previously had but that could also be brand and flavour related. Actually irritable is not really the word but It's like I can feel the particles in the back of my throat so not as smooth.

I'm staying well away from any Chinese stuff and eBay. I have a good local vape shop but they are not so good when it comes to juices. They have a fantastic supply of manufactured juices but no make your own kits or supply. They also have all the juices out so one can sample them before purchasing. They really are out to make money and everything is orientated that way. Even the vape kits and accessories they do are limited but mostly named top end gear. I quite like the idea of sticking an Aspire Triton Mini on the Curve. The standard tank I have with is is quite limited but no leaks and has good airflow but non adjustable so I put my finger over one of the holes sometimes if I want a bit more pull. Battery lasts all day and it charges quickly along with pass through.

Thanks for the feedback mate. :thumbup:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Vaping is very much a personal thing, what works for me may not work for you or others
Sounds like your getting into it anyway, well done and stick with it :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Update on my vaping experience. I'm still going strong...no ciggies. I purchase my juice from the juicestore and am more than happy with their quality both in service and product along with the small selection of flavours they have. I have also tried sleekjuice but I prefer these guys who offer a better range of nicotine strengths and also supply 30ml bottles.

I have have just purchased another mod kit to go alongside my Curve 2. The Curve 2 is fantastic for stealth vaping but I wanted something a little more substantial too so I stepped into the world of sub ohming. I have purchased An Aspire Pegasus along with a Triton 2 tank which does both sub ohm and higher ohm so have the best of both world there. It also uses a varied selection of coils so loads of options including Aspire Nautilus, Atlantis coils and Triton. The box mod itself has the option of temperature control with some coils which is a nice feature and also has bypass mode so I can, if I wish, bypass all safety features and fit an RDA and build my own coils. Loads of options with it. I also love having a tank that can be top filled.

See the following:
http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kit/aspire-kit221.html

[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r84Bz98-Xbs

Lovely piece of kit and a lovely vape which is in a different league from the Curve. So far so good. :D
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I just changed my tank to an Aspire Triton 2, very impressed. Also the battery is now a Eleaf Pico, and that is a real nice bit of kit, especially as I had some spare 18650 batteries.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The Eleaf is pretty much the same as the Curve. Having the 18650 battery is another reason I went for the Aspire as there will come a time when the battery dies in the Curve and it's all built in. I've already had a moment where it stopped working so I took it apart and the battery smelt a bit and I thought it was broken. After putting it all back together and leaving it a while it suddenly started working again so it may have got to hot and the safety feature had kicked in. There was no warning though. That was when I ordered the Aspire thinking the curve was broke and I started panicking.

Took the Aspire into work with me but it's a bit big to keep in my pocket and have a discreet puff on. It's awesome though, really enjoying it and the flavour intensity of the Juice. I will have to reduce my nicotine content though as I have already had a few nicotene OD head moments. I'm on 12mg at the moment which is a bit much with the 0.5 ohm Clapton coil. How many weeks are you getting roughly out of a coil ?

I'm getting the charging dock for my mod as it didn't come with the kit and when I read the description on uk ecig store website it appeared as if it comes with the base which is usually an extra. I wrote them a sternish email as follows:
To whom it may concern. First off thank you very much for your fast and efficient service I have received my Aspire Odyssey kit from you purchased on the 09/09/16 Order Number 100481749 What a wonderful device and is in a different league from my Curve 2 Mini.

Secondly and the main reason for the email. I was very disappointed to see that it did not come with the charging dock as listed on your website under the Pegasus Box Mod Features. https://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-odyssey-kit.html On Hindsight I can see that this maybe referring to the USB charging port built into the mod. This is very misleading considering that Aspire sell separately a charging docking station, dock for short.

To be honest with you this was one of the main reasons I decided to purchase from you as I believed you would also be supplying the Docking station separately as part of the kit otherwise I could have purchased this kit elsewhere possibly cheaper. Can I politely suggest that you change the wording in your description to make things more clear. As it stands "Convenient charging dock” is very misleading and what is known in the web design world as a Dark Pattern, something designed in such a way to deliberately misdirect / mislead the viewer into believing something that is not. This is then further made convincible to make one think this as being included within your multimedia video on the same page. I’m not saying you have intentionally done this deliberately but as a customer I am now left feeling dissatisfied and for want of a better word feel conned into purchasing from you. I even considered returning the product to you but that may be a little overkill along with the hassle of having to repost, and yes this is another tactic a lot of businesses rely on. You have made you sale so be it. Not good practise and not a good way to get customers to return. Yet again I am not saying this is a tactic you are deliberately using but this is something I am very much aware of and how I am left feeling.

Whether I purchase from you again and / or recommend your store to others depends on the kind of response I get from this email. Other than that I am very happy with my product and the speed of delivery along with the email confirmations and tracking number. It’s always nice to be able to track things.

I look forward to hearing from you on this matter
I got a reply back within a couple of hours later as follows:
Hi Carl,

Thank you for your email.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for the disappointment that this has caused you.

Understandably, this can cause confusion and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. It was not deliberate and this description has now been changed to ensure that our customers are not under the assumption that the charging dock comes with this kit.

As a goodwill gesture, we would like to offer you a free dock.

I will be sending this out for you tomorrow and I hope that this helps. I'm glad that you were otherwise pleased with your experience with us and truly hope that you do continue to use our services.
They have changed the description on their website now. They got on that quick so am pretty impressed with that. I am also very impressed with their service and how fast they resolved the situation so thumbs up to them. It seems it was a genuine mistake. I had a feeling they would send me it as a goodwill thing. If they haden't my next email was planned to be a bit more stern and including a threat or mention of Trading Standards LOL

I replied, thanked them and said that they have restored my faith in them and I will have no quarrels purchasing from them again and /or recommending them to others.

What impressed me the most was how quick they got on to changing the description on the site. It shows they listen to their customers feedback and do care. So it appears it was a genuine mistake.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Result that Carlos. I use the 1.8ohm coil in the Triton 2, on the same one since got it just over a week ago.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!