what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRid3r

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRid3r »

MacV2 wrote:Went for a blat on Nue Red, with Steve Van Stub on his black un...

Nipped into Gravesend to get grub in a diner...www.hotroddiner.co.uk/ a massive burger & a realy good shake.

Then nipped down to J&S in Maidstone. No other Storms in the car park... :wink:

...but there was one of these...which I have to say looked really nice.

:Tongue5:
Looks a bit of a beast Mac but where's the butt end gone? :confused :wink:
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Well I managed to take Big Blu out for a leisurely ride. Some nice overtaking and a few courtesy nods from other bikers. Most enjoyful.

A couple of onlookers stopped in amazement of how gorgeous she looks :D
And a nice shot with her in her glory making full use of the dbl yellows :D
And for those who don't live by the sea, this is the view I had :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRid3r wrote:Well I managed to take Big Blu out for a leisurely ride. Some nice overtaking and a few courtesy nods from other bikers. Most enjoyful.

A couple of onlookers stopped in amazement of how gorgeous she looks :D
And a nice shot with her in her glory making full use of the dbl yellows :D
And for those who don't live by the sea, this is the view I had :D
How much did you have to pay them to stop ?

Hang on a min isn't that a bus stop... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Haha Thanks Mac. They had the privalage of looking at my storm. A much better view. Thats payment enough!! No it's not a bus stop its some sort of other sign but if it was, I wld have right of way of course :)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nipped into Gravesend to get grub in a diner...www.hotroddiner.co.uk/ a massive burger & a realy good shake.

How coincidental- I was heading there today myself, to see if they had any deals on summer gloves.

I didn't bother, though, roads were busy, so I headed off out into the little back roads round Seal, Kemsing, Knockholt, Horton Kirby, Westerham, Farningham and Otford, in no particular order, playing with the 2.

Finally got the slightly-raised clipons set where they feel natural, and allow me to lift my head up far enough to see traffic lights, which is an improvement.

Trouble is I'll want the nice low ones back again on track days and the drag strip.

Aaaaand...... I polished it. A bit.

Not much, more waving a waxed cloth at the rims and bodywork, certainly not up to the standard where you have to know the name of the polish (I stole some of the daughter's car polish) but still, cleaning.

Don't worry, I won't do it again. It cost me two fingernails, and some perfectly good soaking-up-brake-fluid rags.
I blame the glass of Pimm's and the midday sun......

The heat of the rays on my Brylceeemed* bonce must have caused me to come over all unnecessary.

And yet- when I rode it- it was no faster.
What's the point??????????? :Dancing3:

*Couldn't find sunscreen
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

rode it down to Southampton and back, to see a friend and fit a stunning brembo radial brake master cylinder. what a difference it makes. needed it on the way back as a car swerved in front of me and had me skidding around him, I wasn't impressed with him. also had a glimpse at some of monkey matts parts for his rothmans bike, all I can say is WOW!!!! can't wait to see it finished.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

VTRid3r wrote:

Looks a bit of a beast Mac but where's the butt end gone? :confused :wink:

Holy crap i love that!.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:rode it down to Southampton and back, to see a friend and fit a stunning brembo radial brake master cylinder. what a difference it makes. needed it on the way back as a car swerved in front of me and had me skidding around him, I wasn't impressed with him. also had a glimpse at some of monkey matts parts for his rothmans bike, all I can say is WOW!!!! can't wait to see it finished.... :thumbup:

Southampton, And no Offer to meet up!!!! What have i done to offend you? sniff sniff.

I went out with the wife on the CBF today, swapped for 15 mins for a go on his Storm, it felt great for the 15 Mins, then the vibes killed my fingers.
I can't do twins any more realistically. The wife and i did 213 miles and went to Loomies for an afternoon foodie. It was a lovely Day.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:rode it down to Southampton and back, to see a friend and fit a stunning brembo radial brake master cylinder. what a difference it makes. needed it on the way back as a car swerved in front of me and had me skidding around him, I wasn't impressed with him. also had a glimpse at some of monkey matts parts for his rothmans bike, all I can say is WOW!!!! can't wait to see it finished.... :thumbup:

Southampton, And no Offer to meet up!!!! What have i done to offend you? sniff sniff.

I went out with the wife on the CBF today, swapped for 15 mins for a go on his Storm, it felt great for the 15 Mins, then the vibes killed my fingers.
I can't do twins any more realistically. The wife and i did 213 miles and went to Loomies for an afternoon foodie. It was a lovely Day.
sorry dude, I was focused on getting the bike sorted, left London at 9am, didn't get back to 9pm. next time i'm in the area i'll give you a call mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Rode the ass off it to work :-) looking forward to the ride home .
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Rode the ass off it to work :-) looking forward to the ride home .
how is piggy doing as a road bike lloydie?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's not kind to my ass that's for sure .
I wouldn't want to ride it more than 50 miles or 30 minutes at a time , I feel everything through the 5mm race seat foam .
The front end is fabulous tho , I'll stick a good shock on the back at some point and get cracking on the other engine and stuff .
I was just glad to enjoy the ride today as its been weeeeeeks since I last used it .
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:It's not kind to my ass that's for sure .
I wouldn't want to ride it more than 50 miles or 30 minutes at a time , I feel everything through the 5mm race seat foam .
The front end is fabulous tho , I'll stick a good shock on the back at some point and get cracking on the other engine and stuff .
I was just glad to enjoy the ride today as its been weeeeeeks since I last used it .
it's always nice to get back on after a while away from it...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

lloydie wrote:It's not kind to my ass that's for sure .
I bet with new shock comfort will rise significantly.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well it's not meant for bumpy roads as its my track hack but it's nice giving it a good thrashing down the lanes every now and then (just to keep my skills up) .
New aftermarket shock is a must even just for track use .
It's the next thing it'll get other than a spanking lol .