Heresy!

General Bike chat
Seeker 77

Heresy!

Post by Seeker 77 »

Well, not posted for a while as have been having something of a nightmare with my GSXR 1000. It all started with some unwelcome blue smoke a few weeks ago. Thinking valve stem seals I dropped the engine and pulled the head off. The bike is old and not well looked after, so after snapping no fewer than three exhaust studs, I started about getting them out. Alas my drill is a bit too good and it went all the way through into an oil chamber sooooo, new head. A good mate sorted me out with a polished and ported one though, so all was not lost!

Anyway, got it all back together and ran it up with no dramas. Fast forward a week and blue smoke starts again.....FFS.... Dropped the engine again, full strip down to component parts and replace all the piston rings and some of the bearings. Not quick and not easy!

Still, in the middle of all this an opportunity presented itself to get hold of one of the most beautiful bikes of all time. It's a short term investment but it keeps me smiling while the GSXR gets mended. As if it was all going too well though, I dropped the GSXR engine whilst reinstalling it and cracked a case! More swearing....

Hope all is well with you all and I do keep checking in every few days just to see how old Kev L has got in my absence!
Kev L

Re: Heresy!

Post by Kev L »

Feck orf ya wee numpty, ya.
Fed up blowing up Canada you decided to blow up a few Japanese products instead! Don't hold out too much hope for that pretty Duke in the hands of the British Armies finest(sic).
:wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

He's getting older by the minute. :biggrin

You've had your work cut out with the Suzie. Now that Duke is lovely. Amazing how good they look even after so many years, the style hasn't tired. That's one bike I would give up my Storm for. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

One of the most, if not The most, beautiful bikes ever created.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

That's real bad luck about the GSXR Mark. Hopefully the rings will sort it.

I love the ducs but my paranoia would have it in pieces every weekend with the range of noises they make.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Watty

Post by Watty »

cybercarl wrote:He's getting older by the minute. :biggrin

You've had your work cut out with the Suzie. Now that Duke is lovely. Amazing how good they look even after so many years, the style hasn't tired. That's one bike I would give up my Storm for. :thumbup:
That's one bike I'd give up the wife and kids for :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that's a sexy bike make no mistake, if money was no object i'd have one in my living room as art work.... :thumbup:
good luck with the gixxer buddy
I think kev aged another month whilst I type this out..... :Fish:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

There is no better looking bike than this from this angle

As a sunny Saturday afternoon ride nothing else comes close. I'm not saying it's the fastest, or the best handling, but the theatre is out of this world. Fact
Watty

Post by Watty »

Seeker 77 wrote:There is no better looking bike than this from this angle

As a sunny Saturday afternoon ride nothing else comes close. I'm not saying it's the fastest, or the best handling, but the theatre is out of this world. Fact
There's a splodge of mac fluid on the number plate :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Yes. Yes there is
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Me too if I had any.

The Dukes noises would take some getting used to, but I guess that's part of their character. Like any bike you get to know what it's supposed to sound like so can listen for any noticeable changes. Now where's my Tambourine. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

cybercarl wrote:
Me too if I had any.

The Dukes noises would take some getting used to, but I guess that's part of their character. Like any bike you get to know what it's supposed to sound like so can listen for any noticeable changes. Now where's my Tambourine. :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

agentpineapple wrote:that's a sexy bike make no mistake, if money was no object i'd have one in my living room as art work.... :thumbup:
.....and the price of those parts just went up by a pony! :)
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:that's a sexy bike make no mistake, if money was no object i'd have one in my living room as art work.... :thumbup:
.....and the price of those parts just went up by a pony! :)
hahahahahahahahaha....... :p
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Gta admit. She is a lovely Duc. :)