55%
Undecided
17%

Total votes: 29

Watty

Re: Europe - In or Out?

Post by Watty »

Wicky wrote:A less than United Kingdom - Little Britain

Say goodbye Scotland and N Ireland and possibly Wales and welcome to Little England...
Let's see them stand on their own :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

I voted out, felt sh1t this morning as most of my projects are with US Defence contractors, then saw that the FTSE and the pound have rebounded already, and will continue to do so. It's a knee jerk reaction. We are still a very wealthy and powerful nation, and will continue to be for the forseeable. If you want an explanation of what is currently wrong with our nation then look no further than the Press. Their desire to sell copy and 'feed the beast' means that they have to make everything look either really, really good or absolutely dreadful. Because that sells.

I'm glad we're leaving, it's not isolationism, it's not Project Fear, but it is democracy.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Cameron gambles and loses in a big way! Another faux pas by an opportunistic politician..... I hope it all works out for everyone....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Seeker 77 wrote:I'm glad we're leaving, it's not isolationism, it's not Project Fear, but it is democracy.
yes, Democracy is badly missing in EU goverment, as most of the decisions and regulations are coming from European Comission, which has no relation to voters.

Congratz for Brexit, not easy way, but the right things are always harder to do.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I voted to stay in, in the end, mixed emotions to be honest, and probably like a lot of people frustrated with what we expected Europe to be and didn't turn out to be like, what really gets on my nerves though is the Germans coming out and basically acknowledging that there is a problem with EU politics and it needs to change ' AFTER ' we vote to leave, its something they have been told for years, but failed to listen to, so hold on we have to vote on staying or going to get them to wake up, :evil: , well there is your first problem Merkel, and to top it off they now want to make it hard for anyone else to leave, well obviously they haven't learned anything.

I can see a few possibilities for the future in regards to how we leave the EU ( or not ).

For me it was not about immigration to a large extent, nor was it having a little Englander attitude, but more about frustration.

I just hope I get to keep my neighbors, if they start kicking people out who have not done anything wrong and work and contribute I will get pissed.
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

Seeker 77 wrote:I voted out, felt sh1t this morning as most of my projects are with US Defence contractors, then saw that the FTSE and the pound have rebounded already, and will continue to do so. It's a knee jerk reaction. We are still a very wealthy and powerful nation, and will continue to be for the forseeable. If you want an explanation of what is currently wrong with our nation then look no further than the Press. Their desire to sell copy and 'feed the beast' means that they have to make everything look either really, really good or absolutely dreadful. Because that sells.

I'm glad we're leaving, it's not isolationism, it's not Project Fear, but it is democracy.
Damn right! The press is hysteria itself. It is there stock and trade. I don't see how anything changes except for the fact that Britain wrested control of its own fate from bureaucrats in other countries. Deals that were made are already in progress. I don't see how this hampers, in any way, deals to be made in the future for trade or development.

You are very correct, it's not isolationism but it is democracy. Isn't self determination something that they preach? When it actually happens and the people vote they freak out. Congratulations on making a bold move for you country in spite of the fear mongering of the politicos and the press.

This country is fixing to make a bold move of it's own. You watch and see.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
Virt

Post by Virt »

A great internal paradox: UK's future was decided by those without a future.
These are the thoughts among me and many of my friends and colleagues, especially after looking at the voter demographics.

The people nearing the ends of their teens or starting their adulthood are going to grow up/mature in a world we had the power to vote for, but basically none of us voted for. Regardless of what my vote was, this is the definition of injustice to me.

I'm not going to say anything more, I've been quiet on this matter until now and radio silence will now continue.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

We could just as easily stay in the EU now, maybe on better terms than before.
They underestimated the UK and it could cost them massively. I bet they're willing to negotiate a bit harder than when Cameron went begging

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Virt wrote:
A great internal paradox: UK's future was decided by those without a future.
These are the thoughts among me and many of my friends and colleagues, especially after looking at the voter demographics.

The people nearing the ends of their teens or starting their adulthood are going to grow up/mature in a world we had the power to vote for, but basically none of us voted for. Regardless of what my vote was, this is the definition of injustice to me.

I'm not going to say anything more, I've been quiet on this matter until now and radio silence will now continue.
Yes, I'm one of the old farts who voted to leave. Originally we didn't even get a choice. The only choice was, a long time ago, whether to join a Common Market not an unaccountable supra-national body.

I've been berated by a couple of people who said I should have been thinking of the young. Their own children have wealthy parents who can afford to support them through Uni, buy them houses and pull strings to get them rewarding and well paid jobs. The hypocracy is stunning. I also wonder if the 50% of young people in Greece and Spain who are unemployed feel the same?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Banks are already talking about mitigation plans, stocks are plummeting which means banks are going to panic again, pension funds are going nuts, and watch your mortgage rate go sky high.
They all started changing before the total vote count had finished. I was up all night watching the counts coming in. They shot across to stock market at one stage. quite amazing really. But what goes up must come down and then it will go back up. It's a roller-coaster. They most likely are only using this as an excuse to make more money.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Be positive .. stock market and the pound has rallied ... yes the traders in London have had
thier day ... now lets all go forward and make good news and progress with optimism and strong heart
lets make our country truly great ...what a wonderful day .. best ever .. lets take on board this new
momentum and the opportuniies that will come our way... :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Spine not supine won the day.
I'm cashing in and buying shares in shipyards- we're gonna need some gunboats pretty quick......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Saintsman27 wrote:Be positive .. stock market and the pound has rallied ... yes the traders in London have had
thier day ... now lets all go forward and make good news and progress with optimism and strong heart
lets make our country truly great ...what a wonderful day .. best ever .. lets take on board this new
momentum and the opportuniies that will come our way... :thumbup:
Top post mate :beer:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

it will prob make at least as big a change if not bigger to NI than most as we now are a land border with the EU. :eek2 .

i see there has already been calls for a vote in N.Ireland to leave the UK and join Ireland as a whole. something i see the Gov has said wont happen.

i got up this morning, the sun was still up, the car started, the kids schools still open. banks still had money, my bike was still in the mancave,a huge fence hasnt been build round the country. yeah seems loads has changed :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Wicky wrote:A less than United Kingdom - Little Britain

Say goodbye Scotland and N Ireland and possibly Wales and welcome to Little England...
It gets even better! The Scots will have to join the Euro currency then and be bankrupt in 10 years. I see Sinn Fein are already calling for a united Ireland, would you welcome that Fab?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!