Close Call

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Close Call

Post by VTRDark »

eek

[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyG_fGpNgmU

They made the right choice pulling over into the kerb.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Re: Close Call

Post by fabiostar »

shaaaaat :o . you would be having a word in his ear hole for that :Argue 1:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

yet another brain-dead loser behind the wheel.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Did hear what the woman shouted at the end "It's a funeral procession...god forbid" It was very almost another coffin to add to it :roll:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

twats in cars, I've done 25,000 miles in 7 months and i am still not surprised by idiots on the road. Audi drivers are the best :lol: , actually not sure why but Audi, BMW drivers all seem crap. I recently stopped, all be it a bit sharp and the Guy behind in a 330 BMW couldn't stop so went between me and the Central armco, fecked his car right up, he was on the phone!!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Rather scary that to what it could have been, although some serious whiplash would have occurred there I'm sure.

May be I'm missing something, but why the blue car stop :?:

Chris.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

when I slow down for a parked car, I will pull to one side. Imagine the bloody mess if he hit the bike at that speed.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Jeez! 8O
When I read "Close call" I thought you ment you for a moment Carl. Phew!
Scary stuff
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thread title is clickbait :lol:

It was a bit weird why they slowed down and came to a stop. Maybe they realised that there was funeral procession on the other side and stopped out of respect. :shrug shoulders

It really is shocking how bad some drivers are. I think it has to do with them being in a cage which gives a false sense of security and lack of speed perception amongst general stupidity. IMO the best drivers are also bikers too and everyone should be made to spend a couple of years riding around on a 125 before even getting a provisional car license.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Youre bang on Carl about bikers being far better drivers , this is a conversation I have a lot on sites , like to see what cagers say then listening to them can usually pick out the ones who ride or have in the past , observational skills are much more acute
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think you will also find that someone that rides a bike and also drives doesn't drive so fast and aggressively either and are a lot more chilled behind the wheel. We get all our speed thrills and adrenalin rushes on the bike. Kind of like yin and yang. As for observational skills when I'm a passenger in a car with a non biker I get nervous because obviously as a passenger I'm watching the road too and my reaction times are like...come on are you going to brake (I'm thinking that) and I'm just about to open my mouth and then the driver starts braking LOL Sometimes a 1 or 2 sec difference. 8O and I hate to say it, but it's especially so with woman drivers...but, I must also say I do know an exceptionally good woman driver too, advanced driver.

I also know another woman who is very good at being aware of bikes and gives them a little space but that's only because her husband is a biker and myself so we have kind of drilled it into her and she hears the horror story's. The rest of her driving is crap as she has a lead foot and braking distances are really way to late and heavy braking. And my mother....wombles me.... her driving has got SO bad in her older age it scares and frustrates me. She's retired now and she used to be a very good driver, but she drives so slow now, and her reaction times are really not there any more. She's over cautious and the assertiveness is not there. I can understand why insurance goes back up once one gets to a certain age.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

bigtwinthing wrote:twats in cars, I've done 25,000 miles in 7 months and i am still not surprised by idiots on the road. Audi drivers are the best :lol: , actually not sure why but Audi, BMW drivers all seem crap. I recently stopped, all be it a bit sharp and the Guy behind in a 330 BMW couldn't stop so went between me and the Central armco, fecked his car right up, he was on the phone!!!!
Incredible, it's that way here too (and I mean exactly!!!!!). I suspect their owners think that by buying a "premium" brand of car they somehow have preferential shares in public roadways. I sometimes feel like buying one of these (see below) and going out to do some "educating"....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express