radiator

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
mike

radiator

Post by mike »

Does anyone know if there is a kit for a front mount radiator, or if I can use one off of another bike? Thinkin of makin the hawk a naked streetfighter.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hi there,

Although I dont know the tech ins and outs (that'll be a first then!) I do know it can be done. Heres some pictures that Neil took at the 2003 TT.

The execution here looks a bit rough and ready but it shows the idea is sound enough.

BTW The wicked witch of the west character in the last shot is Del!!

Cheers
mike

thanx

Post by mike »

thanx for the info,at least now I know I have a starting point.Just have to figure out where I can get the radiator,and if It can bolt on or if I have to make brackets.
delmeekc

RAd

Post by delmeekc »

Had a good look meself, as you can see!

Checked whether it could be done and I think I'll leave it as you probably will have to loose the fan, not good. Also I think under heavy braking the tyre and rad may have a little meeting that would end in tears, well coolant.

Del.
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

My question is why bother with all the effort in moving the rad for no gain? does'nt even look all that good, I think he should have left the radiators on the sides this would be more exclusive & look better for no extra work 8) sorted
& i think del has made the most valid points form a technical veiw,
no cooling fan, not good & wheel rad contact under heavy braking ..last thing you need....very very not good
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

hhhmmm why is not having a cooling fan not good? The rad is at the front of the bike so when youre moving the temp will be kept lower than normal because of the increased amount of air passing over it, im sure you could get some form of non honda fan to fit on it anyway. Im more interested in where the *other* rad has gone?? Also you'd have to be braking *extremley* hard for that rad to touch the front wheel. You could probably stiffen the suspension slightly to sort that out aswell. It looks the dogs, espically with the engine completley visable. :lol: Yummy!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

cos it'll melt in traffic, if you get stuck in traffic then the engine will just get hotter and hotter until the radiator cap start venting then there will be lots on nice ginding noises and then silence.................................followed by .............£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££.

It seriously is tight without a fan, I guess you could get a one-off rad made but it would cost serious money. If anybody has a contact who builds rads then I would be interest if a batch was made.

As for stiffening up the front suspension, go away, kill the handling to only have one rad, dooh, what you like.

Del.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

hhhmmmm you could easily get a fan fitted to it to cool things down when youre in traffic. And stiffening the suspension a bit *wont* wombles up the handling, i stiffened mine as soon as i got it and it corners better than any storm with stock suspension settings (ive ridden quite a few storms to compare it too) anyway like i said ^^ the rad wont touch the wheel anyway.

What are you like? Touchy touchy