Car insurance - HOLY MOLY!

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: Car insurance - HOLY MOLY!

Post by agentpineapple »

the uk should adopt the Spanish system, you insure the vehicle and anyone over the age of 25 with a valid license is covered to drive it, it's also compulsory to have breakdown cover.
of course this will never happen, because the insurance companies will lose out. I fecking hate insurance firms with a passion. robbing flowers.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
stuffedit

Post by stuffedit »

Don't know what you do for a living, but the 'wrong job' can negatively influence premiums.
My bike wants a new home
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

my son who is not 18 until October is trying to get insurance on a vauxhall corsa 1.2 tomorrow . I will keep you posted. :eek2 :eek2 .

while i,m here does anybody know the term "twin port" means in relation to these cars ??

hopefully not a high performance version. ?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

lumpyv wrote:my son who is not 18 until October is trying to get insurance on a vauxhall corsa 1.2 tomorrow . I will keep you posted. :eek2 :eek2 .

while i,m here does anybody know the term "twin port" means in relation to these cars ??

hopefully not a high performance version. ?

Twin port is for emission, fuel economy and better torque at low revs. All to do with the inlet valves and closing one off under light acceleration. Not a more power thing.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

To be honest I can see why insurance companies don't want to insure young drivers, most of which seem more pre occupied with their mobile phone than actually driving, and when not they drive like complete twats thinking they are bullet proof.

Still £12,200 is taking the piss in a big way.

I really think the insurance companies need looking at, and maybe an age restriction like motorcycles needs to be brought in on car models CC or power, seen so many daddies boy/girls in big sports cars because daddy can afford to insure them on the road round me.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Tbh I see why people drive without insurance .
It's a scam and we have to have it !!!
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

lloydie wrote:Tbh I see why people drive without insurance .
It's a scam and we have to have it !!!
...and we have to go to all the effort to sort it out. Endless searching, form-filling and phone calls (at a premium rate) until we get bored and just go with one of them.

On comparison sites, quotes for the VTR range from £120 to £12,500. Yeah!

Funnily enough an '06 ZX-10R comes out only slightly more expensive, and a £6k Ducati 848 is about £30 more to insure. Not really much in it for more valuable/exotic/powerful bikes.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I can understand inflation and small price increases affecting ins premiums, but I just can't get my head around the prices I'm being quoted.

A few years back, I'd ring around 4 companies and play them off each other, until I got them to agree a very low price. But now when I try it, they aren't interested in trying to get a more competitive price once requested. They just say "that's the cheapest we can do".

My situation is this:

9yrs NCB.
VW Passat 1.9 Diesel 2001.
Located in a sleepy village.
Kept on drive overnight.

There's nothing out of the ordinary, just a completely average situation. Yet I'm being quoted nearly £700 minimum.

I'm seriously confused dot com. and I've been quoted unhappy.

:(
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

get your mum to insure it and have you as a named driver
AMcQ