Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by Stepkevh »

Cheered me up that i have a looooong weekend next 4 days :thumbup:
~ Imagination is only limited by your mind ~
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

fabiostar wrote:Had a cracking day , first track day of the year and destroyed a back tyre and give the new knee sliders a good bashing. :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Any piccies? Was the weather as sunny as it was here? I've only done one track day in the rain and it certainly takes the edge off it
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Pete.L wrote:
fabiostar wrote:Had a cracking day , first track day of the year and destroyed a back tyre and give the new knee sliders a good bashing. :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Any piccies? Was the weather as sunny as it was here? I've only done one track day in the rain and it certainly takes the edge off it
sunny but windy. im just trying to find some pics atm online.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

lloydie wrote:Sold the bird !
Well he's collecting it Friday morning .
Then off car shopping after work :-(
I get all my motors from Wilsons car auctions Queensferry, PROPPER bargains to be had. Keep your eyes peeled though :thumbup:

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/view-auction/Telford
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Went for my regular loop and it all just felt wrong. Wasn't comfortable on the bike, body position felt alien, shifting my weight for corners was almost confusing, and I had no focus what so ever.
I was wondering what I've worked on recently and what could be affecting the handling so badly. Anyway was starting to get comfortable toward the end of the ride so decided to go for another "lap" and see how I felt.
Absolutely world's apart! It all clicked again, was carving smooth lines through the bends and keeping everything "on song", had an absolute blast and came home beaming :thumbup:

I think after a long day at work it sometimes takes that first 30 mins to clear the mind and get in the groove. I walk to and from work but on particularly nice days will get up early and bring the bike the long way, I arrive so much happier and ready for the day. Commuting on the bike would probably kill that vibe entirely, but light evenings mean after work rides are an enjoyable possibility again. Love it :)
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sat out in the sun and gave the FZ6 a bit of a clean ready for Stormgrain :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Duffy1964 wrote:Sat out in the sun and gave the FZ6 a bit of a clean ready for Stormgrain :thumbup:
stormgrain, or stormdrain?

and travis, that happened to me a few weekends ago, just wasn't right for the first 30 mins, then it clicked and I was having loads of fun, I think because a bike needs your whole body and minds attention, if your not focused it's not right. it's not like that with a car. I think it happens to us all from time to time.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Varastorm wrote:
lloydie wrote:Sold the bird !
Well he's collecting it Friday morning .
Then off car shopping after work :-(
I get all my motors from Wilsons car auctions Queensferry, PROPPER bargains to be had. Keep your eyes peeled though :thumbup:

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/view-auction/Telford
Going to look at a BMW 116i in the morning !!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The R6 is off the road at the moment so I'm using the KTM and the Storm alternately. Riding the KTM to the office and back and the Storm for longer rides in the country. The change buggers my brain every now and then. The Storm is ridden with a very light touch on the bars. You can brake, turn in and accelerate out of a corner with only your right hand touching the grip. Grip with your knees under 2 finger braking. elbow against the rest under acceleration. Easy peasy with two fingers over the brake at all times.

The KTM is a bit of a pain. I'm sure the seat has been slathered with armourall or similar in the past. I keep scrubbing it but it's still slippery. Sitting upright you have to hold on to the bars, both sides coming out of a corner. Holding on with two fingers covering the brake just doesn't work, a whole hand is needed, both sides. The difference in riding style does my head in at times. Might see if I can get a different seat, suede covered perhaps. Would be rubbish offroad but I can change it back if needed (one allen screw).

Need to take the dogs to the office tomorrow so I'm in the car. Used to take my ginger Tom on the bike with a slung bag but two working spaniels is beyond my ken....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

its bloody Friday
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote:Sat out in the sun and gave the FZ6 a bit of a clean ready for Stormgrain :thumbup:
stormgrain, or stormdrain?

and travis, that happened to me a few weekends ago, just wasn't right for the first 30 mins, then it clicked and I was having loads of fun, I think because a bike needs your whole body and minds attention, if your not focused it's not right. it's not like that with a car. I think it happens to us all from time to time.
Wise old marty. I totally agree and only ever go out on the bike if feeling ok. esp if you Hoon it. I went out once while annoyed and stressed a bit and nearly binned it , me and the bike. Ride happy ride safe (ish :lol: ).
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:its bloody Friday
Yep 3 days off whooo :-)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:
Today is 2nd of Four... :Tongue:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Git :-( [WEARY FACE]
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:
lloydie wrote:
Today is 2nd of Four... :Tongue:

i hope you have spent today hiring a van to get all the bloody bacon ( From Waitrose) :lol: