Info on making my own exhausts ...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Stepkevh

Re: Info on making my own exhausts ...

Post by Stepkevh »

lloydie wrote:52mm-55mm :-) yoshi on the left
Wow, serious pipes :lol:
I assume it gives a better flow of the gasses as well ?
What does a Yoshi cost ? :)
~ Imagination is only limited by your mind ~
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I have a complete rolling chassis, with an empty engine futted- all scrap parts, except the wheels, but it makes a very good jig to weld up full systems on....
I never got round to making any, though, just put the jig together and ran out if money for the welders I needed!
I now need to move it on, so if anyone is interested let me have a pm.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Stepkevh

Post by Stepkevh »

tony.mon wrote:I have a complete rolling chassis, with an empty engine futted- all scrap parts, except the wheels, but it makes a very good jig to weld up full systems on....
I never got round to making any, though, just put the jig together and ran out if money for the welders I needed!
Verry interesting but it's not something you can send with the post huh :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

Stepkevh wrote:
-Floris- wrote:But at first, what kind of shape do you have in mind? I think it can be hard to say something useful unless this is known.
Does the shape affect the sound it makes ?

Definitly not round, maybe oval or even triangular in some way :)
What I mainly meant is when you wan't more motogp-look cans for example, it can affect a few things in the design/construction.
But it seems you want a more 'classical' approach?

Maybe it's an idea to inform with a few pro's in the business? Maybe some are willing to help or at least steer you in the right direction..
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
Stepkevh

Post by Stepkevh »

-Floris- wrote:
Stepkevh wrote:
-Floris- wrote:But at first, what kind of shape do you have in mind? I think it can be hard to say something useful unless this is known.
Does the shape affect the sound it makes ?

Definitly not round, maybe oval or even triangular in some way :)
What I mainly meant is when you wan't more motogp-look cans for example, it can affect a few things in the design/construction.
But it seems you want a more 'classical' approach?

Maybe it's an idea to inform with a few pro's in the business? Maybe some are willing to help or at least steer you in the right direction..
With motogp-look you mean "pipes under da ass" ? :lol:
Not yet, still want to be able to have my duo-seat, you never know when i would need it :P

And i dont think " pro's " will spill the beans just because a litlle guy "could become " a big one if you get what i mean :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Stepkevh wrote:
tony.mon wrote:I have a complete rolling chassis, with an empty engine futted- all scrap parts, except the wheels, but it makes a very good jig to weld up full systems on....
Verry interesting but it's not something you can send with the post huh :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, but I'm only an hour and a half after you get the van off the Euroshuttle....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

Stepkevh wrote: With motogp-look you mean "pipes under da ass" ? :lol:
Not yet, still want to be able to have my duo-seat, you never know when i would need it :P
"MotoGp-style" cans sold on the aftermarket are often of this sort.

Stepkevh wrote: And i dont think " pro's " will spill the beans just because a litlle guy "could become " a big one if you get what i mean :D
I'm not talking about big brands but people who make handmade cans on request on a more professional level or just in the shed in their backyard. You'll be surprised how willingly to help some people can be. Maybe have a look as well on http://www.motor-forum.nl , I know there are a couple of guys like that over there.

Nee heb je, ja kan je krijgen/wie niet waagt, die niet wint :wink:
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

@StepKevh before making you end cans, links or even headers, have a read up on exhaust theory. Basically Longer will give you more bottom end and Stubbies (unless a really really really... fat circumference :lol: ) will give you more top end. There's a lot more too it than that though and you have to take into consideration any engine modifications, compression, ignition timing etc. It's all about the pulses and scavenging. It all depends if your going for performance or looks really. Good luck with jetting carbs to suit too.

Check out the links in the following post for more info. You will find it interesting if your going the performance route.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 15#p334553

Do you have the skills to tig weld Titanium? Look at those welds on my old Arata links. They where something else. I miss my Arata's :cry:
==============================Enter the Darkside