Is it "Speed" or "Lean" we love?

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Is it "Speed" or "Lean" we love?

Post by bigtwinthing »

Yesterday i had a very Fortunate day. After recent events i had a wonderful day and its bought a few questions up in my mind.

First thing i went out in the Atom, only 56 miles but it was going to be busy. Great run out, dry and cold though, i had my Skijacket and trousers on but wind blowing through the car at 100+ is hard to combat. Totally blew away a GSXR750 along the A35. lol.
I then went out on the CB 106 miles ending up at looms and a then a blast home.

Then went to see a Friend Colin and have a go in both his new cars. 1st a wonderful Ferrari 518TR ( 38 left in the world apparently) a true collectors cars but with only 440bhp !!!. but a V12 engine. From that into his brand new Ferrari 448 a V8 but with 690bhp, Ferking so so quick.
All carbon fibre etc and the most glorious noise. I then did 2 laps of the Garden in his new John Deere Tractor.

What a day, what a contrast, i actually loved the Tractor, levers and buckets and stuff, but still loved the Atom for pure basic real feeling of power and speed, but in the end, the Bike won it for me, £4000 of bike, that leans and goes like wombles No contest. Cars don't lean and don't wheelie.

Next time iam out in the cars i will take the Action Cam. I still think the lean bit does it for me!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
alanfjones1411

Re: Is it "Speed" or "Lean" we love?

Post by alanfjones1411 »

A pal of mine has a supercharged Dodge Ram SRT 10 pick up truck.8•6 litres,V10.that thing blows almost everything away in a straight line (6 mpg and a ten gallon tank).The acceleration is truly mind blowing but the adrenaline rush I get get from my bike cannot be beaten by it.Bikes get in your blood.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

You're a lucky guy to own an atom. I'd climb over both Ferraris to get to it.

It's lean for me. You can't beat the feeling of getting a line right and getting the bike over. I'm not obsessed by hp. Far from it. The roads around these parts don't particularly favour hp anyway. Tight, twisty and increasingly bumpy.
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

I love it both, but acceleration much more than top speed. Lean is the ultimate thing that does it for me.
Also, when a car accelerates as fast as a bike, still the acceleration on the bike feels that more impressive/thrilling imho.

Really the best is a combination, hard braking before a corner, going through the corner perfect and then twisting the throttle as you come out of the turn. That last bit sometimes feel like you can conquer the world!
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Lean, or even better is left right left combinations.

Throw in a wheelie and a stoppie and the 4 wheelers can't compete
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

High speed lean for me every time , love a fast knee down
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

What's the point in straight line speed? Anyone can do it. Twist and go or press and go.

Challenging yourself to do serious speed into a nice corner takes much more bottle and therefore gives a much bigger thrill.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

nope, no idea what you are all on about.
Are bikes not just expensive "hanging" tools in the garage?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lean for me aswell. or a combination of getting a corner just right :D :D but as somebody said, its in your blood
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Great reply, the Guy is a great bloke, can't ride though so has no idea what a bike brings. To piss me off though, he does have 4 helicopters, a boat a log cabin on a lake and a 4mill house. He can cook and is super generous to my daughter and her boyfriend. He still can't ride a bike though lol, he is missing out.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I'd swap him the lot for a broken TRX850, then sell the house for a 2 million pad and use the change to buy a mint SP1 :D :D
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

For me its the vibration through the tank .................know what I mean :thumbup:
it may be clever, but its not big.
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

your at one with a bike but only part of a car :Smoke2: :Bike: