what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Rode the Custard Crumble to T3 racing in Wrotham to get me Nitron checked out, A little bit of play in the top bush but nothing major & not worth replacing on a road bike...

So quite happy with that & no outlay...on the way home stopped off at J&S in Maidstone & bought a new lid, as they didn't have the size I needed in stock...only the one on the self...they are getting a box fresh one in for tomorrow so will pick up after work... :thumbup:

Got home & fairing off stripped out the stock brake lines 36k old & have gone real spongy very quickly despite a calliper clean up & new pads & fluid 3 weeks ago...! Put the braided lines I nicked off Smerkin Joe as that will be getting new lines & CBR callipers in due course. Bleed through nice & firm on the lever boxed it all back up...Put it to bed all ready for the loverly commute in tomorrow...

Still only 3 days in & then Easter weekend... :thumbup:

Oh & the hooter has stopped hemorrhaging snot & sneezes down to 1 or 2 per hour...It's now the hacking cough & gob fulls of lung batter on the menu... :lol:
Last edited by MacV2 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:Rode the Custard

Oh & the hooter has stopped hemorrhaging snot & sneezes down to 1 or 2 per hour...It's now the hacking cough & gob fulls of lung butter on the menu... :lol:
I can't believe it! Snot butter.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Rode the Custard

Oh & the hooter has stopped hemorrhaging snot & sneezes down to 1 or 2 per hour...It's now the hacking cough & gob fulls of lung butter on the menu... :lol:
I can't believe it! Snot butter.......
:lol: :lol: ..That should have said 'Lung Batter' not butter... :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

Yesterday i swapped out my carbs with a set given to me by squiffy and i managed it in the dark with bad lighting in 40 minutes which included vape breaks, picture breaks and fighting with the fuel hoses which where a bit shorter.
:thumbup:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Changed the spark plugs, fitted a new clutch lever, started her up, let her run, rev the heck outta her and then gave her a good run down with WD40 :thumbup: all in my new man cave :evil:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

Rode the Storm to/from work today (100 mile round trip), slight HH-pad dragging so need to check lube on slide pins,
But NOTHING FELL off, meaning (1) I put it back together ok, and (2) that leftover bolt wasn't anything important! :crazy:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

SmileyVTR wrote:Rode the Storm to/from work today (100 mile round trip), slight HH-pad dragging so need to check lube on slide pins,
But NOTHING FELL off, meaning (1) I put it back together ok, and (2) that leftover bolt wasn't anything important! :crazy:
A good spirited shakedown run is always fun ,then you get home and find all the bike still together
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

roasty_duck wrote:Yesterday i swapped out my carbs with a set given to me by squiffy and i managed it in the dark with bad lighting in 40 minutes which included vape breaks, picture breaks and fighting with the fuel hoses which where a bit shorter.
:thumbup:
Is it now sorted Roasty?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Got the VTR mot'd today, all was good :D

Chris.
Watty

Post by Watty »

sirch345 wrote:Got the VTR mot'd today, all was good :D

Chris.
:thumbup: :beer: Nice one Chris.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Down to the range at Bishops Auckland this evening on the A68. Over an hour in the car. 45 minutes on the Storm. Thought about popping in to see the Teal one but left it too late. The standard lights are really quite good.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Down to the range at Bishops Auckland this evening on the A68. Over an hour in the car. 45 minutes on the Storm. Thought about popping in to see the Teal one but left it too late. The standard lights are really quite good.
How is the Ducati doing?
Watty

Post by Watty »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Down to the range at Bishops Auckland this evening on the A68. Over an hour in the car. 45 minutes on the Storm. Thought about popping in to see the Teal one but left it too late. The standard lights are really quite good.
The kettle would have been on mate :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Got piggy running ,it's not well at all !! .
Went to the petrol station to fill it up so I could mot it .
Ck was here and good job too as he proved to be a god sent with what happened next .

So I'm sat on the bike filling it up with fuel as I planned on going to get the tyres changed after the MOT ,so I brimmed it .
When I got off it to go and pay I looked down to put the side stand down and all I could see was petrol gushing out all down the side of the bike .
Thankfully it's only a Mile to the petrol station from my house and it hadn't got hot enough to catch on fire but it was smoking like a good one so it was very close to.
I wheeled it to a safer place away from the pumps and grabbed a fire extinguisher and a few buckets of sand just in case as it was now flooding out .
Ck quickly drove back to mine to get some tools .
When he got back I removed the tank and found the leak .
It was coming from the fuel level sender .
The O ring wasn't doing its job anymore .
We managed to drain the tank below the sender so I could ride it home once all the fuel had evaporated away .

Got it home and we managed to fit two O rings ,one a little bigger than the other to try and get a good seal .
That we did but I'll order a new oem tomorrow to be on the safe side .

We then Took it for an mot(it passed )
Still with ck following behind me just in case more wrong happens .

Looks like I need to change the engine out as its burning coolant and oil too .
Still loosing compression on the front cylinder .

I've started stripping it when I got back ready for a new engine .

I'll strip the tuned engine later in the year to find what went wrong or what I did wrong when I built it .
I'm going to build another but start off with one with better bored as this one was on the limit .

A big thank you to ck for his help today [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That's a bit of a bummer day Lloydie, at least it passed though :thumbup:

Hope you get her sorted soon mate
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project