What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
Ckennedy

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by Ckennedy »

Stay strong Paul. Sounds like he was a good dad and good role model.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Likewise, sad to hear BTT. RIP Jack.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
macdee

Post by macdee »

So sorry to hear about your dad
Tough times for you at the minute
Vent on here and we will help

RIP Jack
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear about your father in law mate. Condolences to you and your family.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

That's real sad news Paul, condolences to you all, as has been said we are here if you need us. RIP Jack.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Thank you Guys, its very much appreciated. I have worked out tonight i actually knew him longer than my own dad. I was proud to call him Dad and proud to be classed as his 7th Son and 1st Son in law. I will miss seeing him tomorrow wave us off when we leave. He,s done that for the last 38years.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Sorry for your loss mate, it can't be an easy time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sad day BTT , stay strong
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

well I've just come off of the phone to the dvla and to say i'm angry is an understatement.
last year I set up a direct debit to pay my road tax, everything ran smoothly, until the tax ran out at the end of feb, I assumed that the direct debit would continue and my bike would remain taxed.....but oh no, that would be too easy.
looking at my bank statements, I notice that this months road tax payment hasn't been taken. so I check online only to find out that my bikes no longer taxed :(
ok so now the fun and games begin, after loads of faffing about trying to find a phone number for the dvla, I manage to get through, but not before ringing their main phone number, which gave me an automated response saying they're too busy and then it hangs up, talk about making you angry.... :Argue 1:
so this is the number I finally got through on....08701747001
so I start explain my problem, that I never got a reminder for my road tax, and that the direct debit was ended by them.
and this was the reply I got........according to the dvla, I've never owned the bike, the name on the V5 document is completely different, as is the address, and this is why I never received a reminder letter...... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
no matter how much I assured him that the document was in my name, and that I've owned the bike for 3yrs, and it's been taxed and insured for the entire three years by myself. it didn't matter.
I did get him to agree that the errors seems to be at their end, but the only way for me to resolve the issue, is to send my logbook back to them, with a letter explaining the problem, then they will open up a case to investigate it.....FFS!!!
the only plus point is that he assures me I can still tax the bike using a certain number on the V5. so the bike won't have to be off of the road.
which in itself is odd, because it's like saying, we have no record of you being the owner, but go ahead and still tax it..... :roll:
what doesn't help is the bike and the logbook is abroad :Ball Kick:
why is life never simple, I've never asked for this crap, and although it's entirely there fault, i'm the one who has to jump through all the hoops to sort it out, and anyone that now's me, also now's I don't jump much if at all..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You jumped a good 30 foot in Devon !!!!
wombles Welsh gits ! People wonder why I moved :-;(
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:You jumped a good 30 foot in Devon !!!!
ferking Welsh gits ! People wonder why I moved :-;(
quick update. I've just received some photo's of the logbook from abroad.
time for me to eat sh1t, i'm not the registered keeper, I would swear I sent the logbook of for change of ownership. but the paperwork says differently. even tho I've been getting road tax reminders up until this year.
not sure what happens now, and i'm sh1tting myself in case I might have received and speeding or parking fines in the last 3 years.... :eek2
I think another call to the dvla is on the cards, time for me to eat a massive humble pie....... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

agentpineapple wrote:
time for me to eat sh1t, i'm not the registered keeper, I would swear I sent the logbook of for change of ownership. but the paperwork says differently. even tho I've been getting road tax reminders up until this year.
not sure what happens now, and i'm sh1tting myself in case I might have received and speeding or parking fines in the last 3 years.... :eek2
I think another call to the dvla is on the cards, time for me to eat a massive humble pie....... :(

Just fill out the new keeper supplement and send it off stating you haven't received the log book. Unless the old owner happened to sign the bottom of the V5 already?
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Watty

Post by Watty »

You moved because you had gone through all the sheep :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Watty wrote:
You moved because you had gone through all the sheep :lol:
Yep ,tbh I got kicked out lol
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:

DOH !

So who is the registerd owner ?

Still never mind I thought you liked pies... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...