Jamoi wrote:
lloydie wrote:I have so carry on [THUMBS UP SIGN]
So I get Virt to myself now then??
You always did <3
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Re: BHP Figure

Post by lloydie »

Yep he's all yours now [THUMBS UP SIGN] one very abusive previous owner so he's been around the block alot :-)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Is there any part of this great nation you can visit without fear of physical violence befalling you due to your abusive nature Virt? Cyber bullying, for whatever reason, is offensive to all. Now get your hair cut and respect your elders and betters! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Virt

Post by Virt »

I wouldn't say I'm abusive, I just find it funny pointing out flaws in all of your characters and correcting you all. Deep down you know I'm helping you :wink

Unless I'm calling you old, there's not much you can do about that...

Isn't that right Kev? :lol:

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

if you play your cards like this YMV, Kev can save you from every having the problem of getting old :lol:
AMcQ
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

the thing is with V twins its not about the BHP so much its the torque you get from a V twin, and the fact they are thinner than I'4, so your cornering power better ( not much ( than an I'4.

100-110 BHP is good for a Twin sports.

I'd like to buy another VTR1000 Firestorm, the only think I loathed on them was the fill up's I rarely got more than 70-80 miles out of a tank, Ok I only get 110-120 out of my Honda X 11 but it does make the difference between filling up once or twice a week I was filling up on the storm at least twice a week, and it wasn't much better on long rides, the Honda X 11 gets much better on long motorway rides.

Would be nice to have another one to toy with ( would be my third ).
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

I had a CX500 for two years in the late seventies. It was catalogued at 50hp. That's 100hp/litre. It redlined at 10k rpm I seem to recall. It would redline freely in any gear including top. It was a very free revving motor. It had pushrods! Admittedly, very short pushrods. Makes yer think though.

People mocked it, but I loved it, taken in context for the times. And it saw off plenty of other bikes down a backroad. I had it two years and 45k miles. The coming of the gpz550 and the xj550 made me realise things were changing. I think maybe these two bikes heralded a new era. That's the way it felt to me at the time anyway. Thank goodness for variety though.

The firestorm is my first big vee. I'm looking forward to the weather picking up so I can get to know it.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

StormingHonda wrote:the thing is with V twins its not about the BHP so much its the torque you get from a V twin, and the fact they are thinner than I'4, so your cornering power better ( not much ( than an I'4.

100-110 BHP is good for a Twin sports.

I'd like to buy another VTR1000 Firestorm, the only think I loathed on them was the fill up's I rarely got more than 70-80 miles out of a tank, Ok I only get 110-120 out of my Honda X 11 but it does make the difference between filling up once or twice a week I was filling up on the storm at least twice a week, and it wasn't much better on long rides, the Honda X 11 gets much better on long motorway rides.

Would be nice to have another one to toy with ( would be my third ).

well yes that was the case however IL4,s have moved on, they are much better lower down the range now. My Storm engine was standard and made about 68lbs ft of torque, my Cb does about 77lbs ft and you can feel it in the midrange, the Storm however did feel so much better at higher speeds and held it in the turn far better, the CB waggles a bit at 130 and when your turned in and hooning you have to hold the bars, the Storm straight right on line. For me with Fuzzy fingers the Storm is rideable for 50 miles max, after the Devon run in 2014 i did about 360 miles in the day and i was knackered for days. The CB has great midrange, great top end and i can still ride it all day. Like I've said i miss the noise but not the vibes. I still think the VTR is the best for money used bike you can buy.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!