Whats your Favourite Film Thread

General Biker Banter
budd

Re: Whats your Favourite Film Thread

Post by budd »

totally agree with most of the previous contributions, however I'm a big fan of grisly horror so my suggestion is any George A Romero Zombie flick, for sure they are getting a bit dated but still great fun, more recently Zombieland is well worth a viewing.
But one of my absolute favourites (and a film that so far hasn’t been mentioned) is Brotherhood of the Wolf, not a mainstream / popular film by any means but it’s fantastic, set in old France a beast of some description is killing the locals, so King of France dispatches the Royal taxidermist (no idea why) to solve the mystery, fantastic visuals and stunning surround sound, recommended.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

budd wrote:totally agree with most of the previous contributions, however I'm a big fan of grisly horror so my suggestion is any George A Romero Zombie flick, for sure they are getting a bit dated but still great fun, more recently Zombieland is well worth a viewing.
But one of my absolute favourites (and a film that so far hasn’t been mentioned) is Brotherhood of the Wolf, not a mainstream / popular film by any means but it’s fantastic, set in old France a beast of some description is killing the locals, so King of France dispatches the Royal taxidermist (no idea why) to solve the mystery, fantastic visuals and stunning surround sound, recommended.
me too. Whats the zombie one in the Shopping complex where they escape in a helicopter?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
budd

Post by budd »

bigtwinthing wrote:
budd wrote:totally agree with most of the previous contributions, however I'm a big fan of grisly horror so my suggestion is any George A Romero Zombie flick, for sure they are getting a bit dated but still great fun, more recently Zombieland is well worth a viewing.
me too. Whats the zombie one in the Shopping complex where they escape in a helicopter?
Dawn of the Dead classic :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

budd wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:
Dawn of the Dead classic :thumbup:

bob on, great film. loved the bit with the guy swinging down with a sledgehammer. i might just buy that.

Just got that, £1.78 what a bargain Gaylen Ross yum yum at the time i think.
budd

Post by budd »

bigtwinthing wrote:
bob on, great film. loved the bit with the guy swinging down with a sledgehammer. i might just buy that.

Just got that, £1.78 what a bargain Gaylen Ross yum yum at the time i think.
I like the bit where the pilot is fueling the chopper and the zombie is walking up behind him (zombie looks a bit like odd bod from carry on screaming )zombie steps on a box and the rotor blade chops off the top of his head, thing is you can see the zombie as a kind of tall head where the gore is, pretty funny and in those days no CGI so it's all done in real time.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I liked zombieland as well, but for classic horror i'd go with American werewolf in London, that was the first horror film I saw and to this day, still one of the best,
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Perhaps a little predictably I love war films,

Where Eagles Dare - militarily ridiculous, historically inaccurate but superb performances from Eastwood and Burton; a sunday afternoon favourite.
The Thin Red Line - less of a war film, more a film about war. Stunning scenery, gritty action, but portrays some of the feelings and emotions that accompany such momentous events.
Stalingrad - a brutal film that matches in intensity what happened there. Unusual to see a German WW2 film, but well acted and suitably humbling to see the sacrifice that happened on all sides.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:I liked zombieland as well, but for classic horror i'd go with American werewolf in London, that was the first horror film I saw and to this day, still one of the best,
+1 on that Marty I see the pale moon rising! great film.
simon t

Post by simon t »

Watched Truly, Madly Deeply again last night. Alan Rickman RIP.

ps: He's also a hoot in Galaxy Quest.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

simon t wrote:Watched Truly, Madly Deeply again last night. Alan Rickman RIP.

I thought he was good in dogma and die hard
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

He was a cool guy, very talented. Sheriff of Nottingham was a funny role. RIP
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

simon t wrote:Watched Truly, Madly Deeply again last night. Alan Rickman RIP.

Good films, great actor but wow Sigourney in that film Hottie or what.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Good. Bad and ugly
Kellys Heroes
Gladiator
Django Unchained
Kingsman

Anything with Clint also.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

Electraglide in blue
The yakuza
Blade runner
Mr majestik
The mechanic
Marnie
Yes man
The Truman show
Leon
The matrix
Point break
The day of the jackal
Dial m for murder

More recently the kingsman was brilliant.