US/UK VTR Project.

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
chrisgreer23

Re: US/UK VTR Project.

Post by chrisgreer23 »

If a job is worth doing, its worth doing correctly.
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

So I just realized I haven't updated this post in while...

So right after the MOT was passed, I sent away all the relevant documents to register the bike (remember it has a US frame and therefore needed to be registered in the UK to get a number plate). About a week later, I received word that the registration had been denied because the MOT paperwork didn't match the VIN. I didn't know what to say/think. Looked at the MOT paperwork and sure enough, the VIN they had on it was wrong. Called up the garage and they said it was a mistake and they would email m the correct form in a few days. A few days had passed and I called them up again and this time, they wanted me to bring the bike back to have it MOTd again. My head is spinning and I'm mentally going crazy at this point :wtf: . They said it was some sort of error and that they couldn't simply print out another form with the correct info on it.

The second MOT took about an hour and when they were done (and I had made sure the info was my bike) the refunded ALL of my money. That means a free MOT and free work/labor on the fixes they did (or didn't do, depending on how you look at it).

So...a few pics of my adventures after all that went down...

Trip to Hemsby with my wife on the back

Working on capturing my rides on video:

A few slight issues...
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Just as well I didn't still have my 3D glasses on - If I clicked full size, you'd have taken me eye out....

If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

just a reminder ..... this is where the left over bits went

chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

So I ordered a new r/r and finnaly got around to purchasing the spark plug remover. I already have oil and spark plugs ready to fit as well as a penske rear shock. Next on the shopping list is a set of Michaline Pilot Pro 3s, new wheel bearings and the all balls starting stem bearing kit. Looks like I'll have plenty of work to do when I get home next year.

Also on the look out for a textile suit for longer distance cold/wet riding. Or should be just say UK weather. Any suggestions?