PiperCross AirFilter

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
WayneM

PiperCross AirFilter

Post by WayneM »

Any one know what to do with this air filter?! No instructions with it unfortunately! Where do I spray the "spray stuff" and which way round does it go in the air box (Although I imagine that one will be obvious when I take the air box apart)

Getting to the airbox - do I just unscrew those two bolts holding the tank down in front of the seat and the tank swings up? Anything I need to be careful of when opening the air box - is it just a case of popping off some clips ?

Thanks in advance
Spanner Spass
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Yes you just undo the two bolts, the tank will swivel up but you will then need to prop it up with something.

The airbox is held together with philips screws. Be very careful not to lose these or anything else down inside the airbox! Remove the airbox lid and it will be obvious which way the filter fits in.

I wouldn't worry too much about which side to spray the filter, it may need one side or it may need both, but to be honest the worst case is that some of the spray will make its way into the engine and it will only get burnt up anyhow. If the foam is of different types on each side of the filter I would guess that both need to be sprayed.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Ok all fitted. I only spray the top of the foam. The bike certainly feels a bit stronger now!