What are the best footpegs.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Metalmad18

What are the best footpegs.

Post by Metalmad18 »

Just doing my shopping list and I would like to know what people regard as the better footpegs for a 1997 storm. It has got aftermarket sporty billet ones on it, but they make your feet buzz like a good un. I don't have high level exhausts and I like em that way so I don't need to consider those sorts of things. I have thought about maybe getting some OEM stock footrests with the rubber tops on them to aid this.

Is there anything better I can do?
Honda VTR 1000F 1997 Black
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
R&G Bar Ends and protectors
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Manual CCT's (bought but need to be fitted)
Mosfet Reg/Rec
popkat

Re: What are the best footpegs.

Post by popkat »

you can get pattern standard pegs cheap, about £25 a pair I think.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Metalmad18

Post by Metalmad18 »

Yeh on ebay I can get a set for about 19 quid. just wondering if there are any good sets before I spring for an OEM set. For example you can get stock brake and clutch levers but you can also get ASV ones. just wondered if there was a similar thing for footpegs for this particular bike. I'm not much of a racer though. unless a bmw pisses me off. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Mosfet Reg/Rec
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i dont have rear sets on mine but last year i put a new set of standard pegs on mine and compared to the old worn ones they felt great and cut out the buzzin.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

The pattern ones will be pretty much as good as standard, not worth spending the extra for oem, someone might have a pair of originals they'll sell you cheap but you'll probably need new rubbers but you can get those pattern too.. You can get alloy pegs but if you don't like the pegs you have on then you won't like them, then there's rearsets, not many about and not cheap.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
chric

Post by chric »

harris rear sets if you can get some change feel of bike all together
And how sexy do they look :erection:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
Watty

Post by Watty »

chric wrote:harris rear sets if you can get some change feel of bike all together
And how sexy do they look :erection:
Sexy! But won't stop the buzzing!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Metalmad18

Post by Metalmad18 »

looks like it might be reverting to stock ones then.
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Mosfet Reg/Rec
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Stock foot-pegs will give you plenty grip in the wet for your boots. Metal pegs are fine for tricking out yer bike, but are bloody slippy when yer feet are wet.

It's horses for courses. Whatever suits you. The OEM or pattern copies of the originals will not buzz yer feet. Those Harris sets DO look tasty, I'll certainly say that!

Metal sets are fine if you're just riding round town or a few miles each day - but they're hellish after a while for long distance. I did Inverness to the Isle of Man (and back) on a tricked out GPZ900R, with proper rear-sets, and my god, my feet had pins and needles so bad, when I got to the TT, I could hardly walk. They're not too uncomfortable as such when your actually riding. It's when you get off the bike you notice the tingling. I had to be seen by the medical folk and was advised when I got back from the TT, to get seen to by my GP, who would get me an appt with orthopaedics. When I did, the orthopaedic doctor said: "the internal high frequency micro vibrations in the lower foot when riding with metal pegs can cause peripheral nerve damage later on...I risk suffering long term damage if I continue to ride with metal foot-pegs".

Most riders don't notice damage, as they don't have the bikes long enough to do a lot of damage, but, my fathers feet were badly affected with nerve damage (like white finger, but in the heel and toes), due to him riding old racers and nearly always opting for proper rear-sets. And after the GPZ, I banished the metal peg set up to the back shelf. I've never ridden a bike with rear-sets again.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
darkember

Post by darkember »

What buzzing I have non standard Alli pegs and don't get any buzzing
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Same here no buzzing from my pegs. But they can get slippy in the wet but you adapt to that. The worst thing for me about the harris pegs is that they don't fold which is a pain in the butt when wheeling backwards as ones calf and/or shin bashes into the pegs.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Metalmad18

Post by Metalmad18 »

Oh yeah and the wet does make them atrocious as you say. Its not that I dislike them at all. I just think life will be easier and a little more comfortable with stock footpegs.

It is really useful to read everyone's varying accounts on this.

I think I'll go for stock, Seems like more vibration reduction and more grip on a wet day. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Mosfet Reg/Rec
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I got rear set carbon tech billet hangers and ally pegs on mine and haven't had a problem with buzzing or comfort as I haven't ridden it in the wet yet I don't know about how skippy they are. Not that I'm a fair weather rider,it just ain't rained when I wanted to use it
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Watty

Post by Watty »

darkember wrote:What buzzing I have non standard Alli pegs and don't get any buzzing
You can't feel it because your feet are numb :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I can't feel my feet.....one, because my dodgy knee hurts more bending that. And Two, my heads buzzing more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside