Mudguard bolts

Moderator: VTRDark

mattycoops43

Mudguard bolts

Post by mattycoops43 »

Hi guys.

Does anyone have a nice set of front mudguard fixing bolts? Can't find them on david silvers. Mine are all rusty.

Also want a set of disc bolts too for the same reason. Don't really want to pay DS price for the disc bolts.

Or part numbers I can source them from somewhere?

Thanks
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
Wicky

Re: Mudguard bolts

Post by Wicky »

Bookmark this or which ever year your bike is > http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/moto-ho ... 11510.html

Copy&paste the Honda part no into DS find by part no > http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/part ... rt-number/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Mudguard fixing bolts are on Dave Silvers site: (I've bought 4)

Incidently, they are also the same bolts that hold the side fairing panels onto the frame!

£2.34 each and then you got P&P on top of that.

David Silver Spares: VTR1000F Mudguard & Fairing Fixing Bolts

:thumbup:
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Regarding your Discs - These bolts are High Tensile steel, available from Iain Sim at Bolt Base. (The same guy I got my stainless fasteners from).

As they are High Tensile, they should be ok for yer discs, but they're only available in black.

Size: M6 x 16mm thread (the Honda ones are 17mm thread length) and a pack of 20 is £2.40 with free P&P.

BoltBase High Tensile Button Head Screws on eBay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Silvers prices for the individual disc bolts are not that bad I suppose, as they're genuine Honda.

And they're not so bad when compared to Pro-Bolts stainless polished and shiny Disc bolts (M6 17mm) at £4.79 EACH, not inc P&P !!

Pro Bolt Website: VTR1000F Stainless Disc Bolt

If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as long as the allen key heads aren't chewed up, it's easy enough to clean up the originals, I did all the bolts on this silver bike, and they were in a right state.
from this

to this
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

How did you clean them marty? That looks just like the bike i collected this week

Brian
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated!

I have actually cleaned them up with a wire brush in a grinder before, and they came up beautiful, but then they went rusty even faster than before as they are mild steel.

Some good prices there!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the trick is to give them a couple of light coats of clear lacquer once you've cleaned them up. well it works for me.... :lol:
I used a dremel on mine, they cleaned up a treat, you can also finish them off with a metal polish, I used mothers metal polish.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

I looked through parts for the storm on DS site and they weren't there. Don't know why. I just followed the link and there they are, so I have bought some from DS site. Also got the brake ones from the ebay link.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

mattycoops43 wrote:I looked through parts for the storm on DS site and they weren't there. Don't know why. I just followed the link and there they are, so I have bought some from DS site. Also got the brake ones from the ebay link.
They dont list everything on the web page but if you ring them up they will normaly be able to help.

Helps if you have a fiche pic in front of you, give them the discription & then add ''as in No. 7 (or whatever) on the fiche''

Works for me.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
chric

Post by chric »

agentpineapple wrote:the trick is to give them a couple of light coats of clear lacquer once you've cleaned them up. well it works for me.... :lol:
I used a dremel on mine, they cleaned up a treat, you can also finish them off with a metal polish, I used mothers metal polish.
Why what polish does she use
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
popkat

Post by popkat »

chric wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:the trick is to give them a couple of light coats of clear lacquer once you've cleaned them up. well it works for me.... :lol:
Why what polish does she use

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/0510 ... slider1=19

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s