CCT in Midlands (or close enough to travel to)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
chippy 55

Re: CCT in Midlands (or close enough to travel to)

Post by chippy 55 »

Have just ordered a set of Krieger's Robs a great bloke to deal with should arrive sometime next week so look out lloydie I'll be seeking you out will bring the beers :beer:
Cheers chippy
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

That's fine but we are at Devon from the 17-20th so the Sunday after that be good for me or the Saturday afternoon.
Message me when your ready .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

chippy 55 wrote:Have just ordered a set of Krieger's Robs a great bloke to deal with should arrive sometime next week so look out lloydie I'll be seeking you out will bring the beers :beer:
Cheers chippy
:thumbup:

Jammie Dodgers not beer, best take your own lube as well just in case like.... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
chippy 55

Post by chippy 55 »

Us beduff lads don't need lube plus did an inordinate amount of manriding when I used to work at the pit many moons ago :D
chippy 55

Post by chippy 55 »

Thanks lloydie shame you're not in south Devon have relations in a place called Dawlish some good biking roads on Dartmoor and Exmoor hope the weathers good
Metalmad18

Post by Metalmad18 »

I'm in the same boat here.

Just fixed up my late father's VTR after 4 years and it looks like it has stock Cam chain tensioners on it. (don't really have the time or confidence to take everything apart myself)

If I can get hold of some good ones and a good place/garage/person to fit them (I'm in Derby) then I'd pay to have em fitted easily.

I'm new here so I'll post the storm as soon as I can. :D
Honda VTR 1000F 1997 Black
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
R&G Bar Ends and protectors
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Manual CCT's (bought but need to be fitted)
Mosfet Reg/Rec
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Get some manuals and come alone with the other guy
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I can supply a pair of manual ccts with tracked postage for £46.00.pm me for more details & picture or find me on the forum under manual cct suppliers.
littlerestraint

Post by littlerestraint »

Metalmad18 wrote:I'm in the same boat here.

Just fixed up my late father's VTR after 4 years and it looks like it has stock Cam chain tensioners on it. (don't really have the time or confidence to take everything apart myself)

If I can get hold of some good ones and a good place/garage/person to fit them (I'm in Derby) then I'd pay to have em fitted easily.

I'm in Derby and wouldn't mind getting mine done as well!
Metalmad18

Post by Metalmad18 »

adewhitmarsh wrote:I can supply a pair of manual ccts with tracked postage for £46.00.pm me for more details & picture or find me on the forum under manual cct suppliers.
I would message you but because I'm new it wont let me ( i think its cus i'm new anyhow)

I am in need of cam chain tensioners - mine havent gone but i dont want to risk it. same with R/R. I intend to get a lot more riding out of this thing.
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Mosfet Reg/Rec
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Metalmad18 wrote:I'm in the same boat here.

Be carefull with taking them to a garage ! There is a way of setting the the crank to the correct position so as not to miss time the timing...

Read through this post...http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=28583

It's not that hard to do really but I appreciate the confidence issue !

Start your own 'Help wanted' thread someone will be around your way to lend a hand & guide you through it.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
roger64

Post by roger64 »

As this thread is rolling I am looking to do my CCT later this year I have nearly completed all the jobs I am confident to do :cool2 I was wondering if there was a CCT expert near to me West Wales 20 miles south of Aberystwyth :roll: have dry garage fresh tea bacon buttys and prepared to bribe.
Wanted yellow donor bike
Metalmad18

Post by Metalmad18 »

I have already done lots of reading on this from this site and the posts and resources on here are fantastic!

Thanks for the links (even though I already read em haha)

I think its a confidence issue more than anything. Anyone nearby is welcome to assist me. Especially if they've done a couple before ;)
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Mosfet Reg/Rec
littlerestraint

Post by littlerestraint »

Metalmad18 wrote:I have already done lots of reading on this from this site and the posts and resources on here are fantastic!

Thanks for the links (even though I already read em haha)

I think its a confidence issue more than anything. Anyone nearby is welcome to assist me. Especially if they've done a couple before ;)
Let me know you get on mate. Mine has only done 8000 miles but definitely going to get them done soon, just not sure whether to do it myself or not.
Metalmad18

Post by Metalmad18 »

Me too. I have a few weeks off work so it makes sense to give it a go. However I dont want to be without a bike for that long in the nice weather and I don't want to get things wring and cause further damage. I can be a little heavy handed sometimes and make things worse :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

However I have bought an old reg/rec from a 1999 R1 on ebay for a tenner and Ade sold me some Manual CCts for 46 quid so at least I'm getting the parts together.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Arrow Exhausts
Maxton Rear Suspension
Renthal Grips
ASV levers
Blackbird Stand

Wanted
Mosfet Reg/Rec