a sort of Storm

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

a sort of Storm

Post by bigtwinthing »

missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Re: a sort of Storm

Post by AMCQ46 »

i am 50/50 on it, some good work, but some bits that don't gel...... like the forks and the spike cones in the frame ends

it was started by a forum member and he did a build thread on it
AMcQ
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

btt are you thinking of buying it ??

I quite like it but I bet it wont go for anywhere near 2 grand :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks sh1t me no like
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

seat looks comfy...........NOT!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Is there a radiator?
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Flatline wrote:Is there a radiator?

its on the nearside under the trellis I think .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Filling the gap between the inside of the wider frame and the engine.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
dannymassive

Post by dannymassive »

Not my cup of tea - like marmite I guess. Either love it or hate it!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Whilst I am not over impressed as it is, I reckon with a few modifications it would look very different

Biggest problem is the colour scheme

But yes, I would like to have a go at altering it
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

bigtwinthing wrote:What do we think?
Well, my opinion, is it's all to c ock. The frame is nice with the swing arm set up, but that's where it stops with me. Yes, I realise it's a "custom", and I've ridden plenty custom stuff in the past, as well as the odd proper street-fighter.

But this, to me, just looks like he's got so far with it, and then said "I can't be arsed anymore", so stuck a board on the front to save doing a headlight, and called it a flat-tracker. The board doesn't suit the bike, and looks like an afterthought.

1. Being a custom made front end, there is no way of attaching a mudguard to the front (there are no lugs welded on), so that'll soon ruin all the work that went into getting the engine looking nice.

2. It's obviously a daylight only MOT, as no headlight - so again, you pay over 2 grand and can only ride it in daylight. And there's no clocks or rev counter. Unless he's built in LEDs onto the top yokes? It has a tail/brake light, so again, a half finished job in my opinion.

3. The back tail unit is squint and WELL off to the left. Why? Again, for THAT price, I want it straight as.

4. It's a V-Twin VTR engine. A TWIN dammit. So why stick a stupid single can on the end? To compliment the build, it should be set up with a TWIN (separate) under-tray pair of small silencers, custom made rectangular, (split into 2 small box-shapes). Or, a shotgun arrangement on the side like a Ducati S4R. I mean, he's gone to that bother of sweeping up the exhaust to go up and under the unit in the first place, only to get a cheap megaphone style thing and spray it satin black....
:wtf:

5. The paintwork is custom, and will only appeal to someone who likes silly futuristic airbrushing. The paintwork on the bike doesn't match (the tail unit is different to the tank). If it was sprayed all one colour (the tank and unit in gunmetal grey to match the wheels), and keep the frame orange, then yes, it would be more aesthetically pleasing.

6. Could you buy this and JUST ride it on a track? Probably not. It might struggle to pass the scrutineers. Too many pointy bits for starters. So, if that's the case, then you just buy it and stick it in a shed, or, trailer it to shows and never actually ride it.

I also wonder if the letters on the top of the tank are removable vinyl? Once again, you pay good money for a bike you have to do stuff to, re-spray, fix the tail unit, add a mudguard blah, blah, blah.

I like most bikes, and have ridden a wide variety of things. I love my old British café racers and was brought up on them, and Harleys. But, I'm afraid to say that this bike is not one I'd entertain as there is still too much to sort to make it practical and usable. Not that the owner/builder wanted it to be practical. But, I commend his efforts.

All in all? Sorry, but it's a "no" from me. I'm out. Me money stays firmly on the table.

Why spend silly money on something yer going to have to spend that much again sorting it to suit you? And then never get any of that money back when punting on again? It's false economy. Yes, if it was a Brit bike, then I've been guilty of spending thousands more than what the bike is actually worth - but then, it was kept original, and had no problem selling it on again - knowing I'd lost the money I'd spent. But this? erm. Nope.

Ok. Bike suitably pulled to bits by me, so I'm away to have a brew.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
darkember

Post by darkember »

God Flattie how could you miss the rads one on each side 8O 8O
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Still recovering, sorry
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Oooooh! That's nice!