Ahhh, what a ride :o)

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Ahhh, what a ride :o)

Post by VTRgirl »

Just thought I'd rub some more salt in your wounds (in case you haven't got enough salt over there already...).

A friend was in need of some company yesterday (just found out her partner is cheating), so I pops me down to the Gold Coast on my beloved Storm for a visit, spare helmet aboard. Fantastic weather (as usual). Must've been a hotrod convention or something on, because I reckon I passed at least 50 immactulately done-up old things en route. Should be about a two & a half hour trip down, but got a good "pace-car" for most of the trip & it only took me about 2 hours (including one fuel-stop 8O ).

I picked up my friend (young, thin lass with long blonde hair), looking her flirtiest and we rode off, giving her very nervous looking boyfriend the "yeah, you'd better be worried" look. Perfectly warm evening, so we chose the safe option of skimpy tops, tight jeans & no jackets, as we did several laps of Surfers' Paradise & neighbouring beaches, with the wolf-whistle set up on the novelty horn... Needless to say, we attracted just a tad of attention from late afternoon, through dusk & another half-hour or so.

I get the impression looks have something to do with police getting jobs on the Gold Coast, because they all seemed pretty hot, one group of six doing RBT in particular. We went past them a couple of times, trying to get pulled up, but to no avail... I was able to display my superior riding skills to them though :D , when a guy in a ute who'd just been tested, pulled out in front of us without looking. One cop even applauded! Nice to see there are some out there with a sense of humour!

Fantastic meal whilst appreciating the ever-abundant Gold Coast eye-candy (yes, girls can perve too :P ) & then dropped her back home, all psyched up to dump whatsisname in favour of completely unhindered singledom :D . Only down-side to the arvo/evening was she had to call it a night fairly early to get some sleep before starting work at 4am (flamin' jockeys :roll: ).

I then had the 2 hour, smile-inducing midnight ride back home again.

Faaaaanbloodytastic :D :D :D !
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That does sound Faaaaanbloodytastic VTRgirl :!: :!: :!: :wink:
You could almost turn that into a film, it sounds excellent :!: 8) :D
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

We singles are allowed to be tarts :D .

Hmmmm... a movie, eh Chris? Then I could add movie-star to my resume. Might have to think about that... :wink: :lol:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Sounds a great day out. But that t shirt and jeans stuff scares the crap out of me. Wouldn't tight fitting leathers do the same job, but look after your Australian sun tanned skin
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

In defence of leatherlessness...

I know all the pros & cons of the whole leather debate (I've been riding 13 years), but I honestly think you guys can't understand what it's really like here a lot of the time, weather-wise. Plus, from what I've heard & read, European riding involves a lot more risk-taking than here. Our traffic is nothing near as busy as yours. Lane-splitting is pretty much only done when traffic is stopped at lights or something.

There are the Aussies who claim they "never get on their bikes without full leathers", but if they're honest, I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find one who doesn't do the occasional quick trip to the shops in much less. Very few will set out on a serious ride without at least jeans (hardly anyone actually owns leather pants), jacket & gloves. Probably about half have decent boots (lots just wear joggers). I'd say a majority would wear a jacket & gloves around town for quick trips, but probably only just over 50%. And yes, I know "most accidents happen within 5km of home", etc, etc.

It's just too flamin' hot sometimes.

I also know, that whilst reading this, most of you are shaking your heads, thinking "well, you wouldn't catch me doing it".
I invite you all over for Christmas!

Oh, and in direct answer to your question, Fireman, no :P .
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Christmas!!!

Sound like you'll have to send a flight ticket for me and Kaz already, I'm sure there will be a few more takers. Thanks for the invite :D
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Hey Larry, should we tell'm where you work :wink: ?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I can appreciate what you mean VTRgirl to a certain extent, I remember going out on my bike last year on one extremely hot day, a very rare day for us as you know, I was wearing my leather jacket, leather trousers, motorcycle boots full face helmet and leather gloves, it was that hot, after an 1/2 an hour I couldn't stand it anymore, I was that hot my head was thumping with a huge headache and I was feeling sick, so I just turned around and went home :!: normally when its hot over here you can cool down by moving on at a reasonable pace :!: but not on that day.
I can also understand Fireman's feelings on this matter, I think its the thought of bare skin on tarmac, it just doesn't bare thinking about :!: :!:
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Hey Hey Hey! We want pictures VTRGirl. For proof....ahem. :-)
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

VTRgirl wrote:Hey Larry, should we tell'm where you work :wink: ?
Don't tell me I bet he works for Quantas :?:

Looks like I shall be over there on the 10th Dec so might drop in for me christmas dinner
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

pmcq wrote:Hey Hey Hey! We want pictures VTRGirl. For proof....ahem. :-)
We were farrrrr too busy riding & flirting for that kind of thing :P (although I suspect we made it onto the films of a dozen or so cameras toted by the Japanese :roll: )!
iggy1966 wrote:Don't tell me I bet he works for Quantas :?:
I'd best leave that for him to answer... (but you'd better learn to spell it without the "u", or he'll get stroppy :wink: ).
iggy1966 wrote:Looks like I shall be over there on the 10th Dec so might drop in for me christmas dinner
You're a brave man, Iggy, and a welcome one, of course. The cat's looking forward to it already. You're coming to Melbourne, aren't you? I vaguely remember you saying something about rellies there... Then again, I've probably got that wrong. If not, though, it'll only take you two solid days of driving/riding to reach my place from there. You might want to stop at Larry's for smoko on the way. I'll start working on some directions like those you gave me some time ago :wink: .
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Oops. Silly me, I forgot one little detail on my jaunt...

We set off another car alarm, right at the end of Cavill Avenue, which for those in the know, is the main mall, right in the heart of Surfers' Paradise. There's an extremely popular "lapping" street running perpendicular to the mall, along the beach. Could not have picked a better spot for it!
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

Sounds like a good night Girly! Yes I do work for Q A N T A S, not that it helps anyone unless you're family. If anyone's coming to Sydney, you're more than welcome at my place.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
jurgen

Post by jurgen »

me to me to...can i come and play? Could have a whole plane full...bikes and bikers 8)
Jurgs
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Sounds like a good goal to aim for, Jurgen! We could even accept "other" bikes, if it meant filling a plane :lol: :wink: !