Health Check.

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Health Check.

Post by bigtwinthing »

Got the results back thursday from Hosp regarding my Lung Cancer in 2012. Great news. Totally clear of all cancer and after only 3 years i don't have to go for Scans, x rays, biopsy,s or Lung Capacity tests anymore, just bloods done locally at local Hospital, bloody remarkable considering i was told it was "Terminal" in Feb 2012 and i wouldn't see xmas 2012. Its been Life changing and i owe them loads. Remarkable results i have been told as was on a clinical Trial. Only real issues still are tingly fingers, taste buds are a bit shot and general tiredness still after a hard day.

Cant complain at that. Support Cancer Charities guys they may save ya life.

Thanks to all the guys for support, money to me that I've donated to Macmillan etc and to the Family. It makes a massive difference to have support. Filling up, but still here and smiling.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Re: Health Check.

Post by AMCQ46 »

That's a truly heart warming story mate.... I never realised your diagnosis was so bad, I can't imaging how you deal with being told you only have months to live 8O

My mrs has had breast cancer, and it was fairly aggressive tumour, but we were at least told we had 70% survival probability! And good news is that she is past 10yrs and all clear

Your story has Bloody great out come though :thumbup:
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Fantastic news mate.
Makes you look at things differently, now get out there and enjoy life :thumbup:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Absolutly fantastic news BBT !

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That is absolutely fantastic news Paul, now that is what I call a result fella :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
darkember

Post by darkember »

Absolutely the best news of the day. Good on you :thumbup: :thumbup:
macdee

Post by macdee »

good to here your still up on one end BWT
good luck
told you not to but oh no you knew better
dannymassive

Post by dannymassive »

Good to hear some positive news :)

Well done to you :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Puts things into perspective. Good to hear you're clear fella, stick some numbers on the lottery. Your lucks in!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Thanks Guys, aim a tad upbeat today. TBH I've done as i was told by the people who know and they have done a fantastic job. The clinical trial was an 100% success for me. Its hard to imagine now how ill i was, i do remember the loose teeth that my dentist sorted with string stuff, having mouth ulcers stitched up as they were so big and open and the sickness was unbelievably bad.

I can live with the side effects, iam happy too..

1 funny moment but not funny when i initially found out. I upped my credit limit the day i found out it was terminal. ( as i knew i didn't have to pay it back once id snuffed it) i spent £29,000 in 3 days. 2 months later they said there was a faint chance etc. i had to pay it back. Still all done now and something to laugh at.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Totally brilliant result mate.

The mrs had breast cancer 10 years ago anf came through, then a melanoma last year and we have come through both.
We now livefor today (hence two storms!!!!) and support our local cancer services and also nstional ones - we can beat this thing.

Was heartened to hear your experiences - good on you

Brian
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Absolutely fantastic news,
popkat

Post by popkat »

That's top news :thumbup:
My mother in law has just been Diagnosed with Cancer, but they don't know exactly what type yet and they're not rushing to do more tests, they think it might be ovarian, we would like them to be a bit faster and get her on to some sort of treatment, maybe it's because she's 78 ? but that shouldn't be the case.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Always nice to hear a bit of good news like this. :clap: :thumbup: I`ve lost too many friends and family members to cancer. Enjoy your second chance at lifes merry go round (although reading your previous posts I dont think you need telling....... :lol: )
Kind regards
Tim
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Great news btt , well done