kev64

Re: what would you swap your storm for

Post by kev64 »

LLoydie or Btts storm (sorry ex storms)
:thumbup:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Gotta be the 1700 V Max with nitrous of course and methanol,and die with a massive grin they wouldn't be able to remove
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

kev64 wrote:LLoydie or Btts storm (sorry ex storms)

The guy is selling my storm as it was for £2200. I can say its a great bike and worth it and i don't think you will buy better.

It has Delkevic cans, Manual CCT,s, Renthals and braided hoses in white to front and clutch. Wavy discs on the front, lightened flywheel,43 tooth rear sprocket. colour coded belly pan,WP Ride Height remote adjustable shock. New Headers.

Engine is totally standard and use about 1/2 litre of oil between changes only.All bolts and Shock linkages have been greased and copper slipped where appropriate.

I can pass on your details to him if your interested.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
chric

Post by chric »

adyf wrote:Gotta be the 1700 V Max with nitrous of course and methanol,and die with a massive grin they wouldn't be able to remove
you cant awnser in this thread being a bmw look at me with all my matching gear wannabe ewan mcgreggor biker :lol:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one you forgot to mention the running lights etc :lol:
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

was just looking at a triumph Daytona 675
just wondering what a triple would feel like
but and a big big but
when I go out on the storm and it starts banging and barking throttling back and hitting the kill switch and lighting the road up :D :D :D :D :D :D
what more can I say
you either love em or hate em

and I love it
kev64

Post by kev64 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
kev64 wrote:LLoydie or Btts storm (sorry ex storms)

The guy is selling my storm as it was for £2200. I can say its a great bike and worth it and i don't think you will buy better.

It has Delkevic cans, Manual CCT,s, Renthals and braided hoses in white to front and clutch. Wavy discs on the front, lightened flywheel,43 tooth rear sprocket. colour coded belly pan,WP Ride Height remote adjustable shock. New Headers.

Engine is totally standard and use about 1/2 litre of oil between changes only.All bolts and Shock linkages have been greased and copper slipped where appropriate.

I can pass on your details to him if your interested.
I was lucky enough to see it before it went, at Grainstorm this year, lovely bike, couldn't fault it (apart from the bars but I even quite liked them!)
sadly, money is tight, so I will stick with my silver storm project.
Thanks anyway
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Yep it was a good un, Iam not on commission by the way. :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Ducati Desmocedici :)
Jamie :wave:
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Ducati monster 600 pre injection , had one , loved it, nephew broke it :cry:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
budd

Post by budd »

I had this dilemma last yr on returning from Op Storm Wales, my old Storm was basically stock apart from stiffer fork springs and Dragon Supercoras, on the fast roads around Wales it became increasingly obvious that it was somewhat lacking. Especially in comparison to some of the very well sorted VTRs in attendance, Alistair, Tony, Grumpyfrog, etc have moulded the venerable Strom into very potent machines. However bringing a near stock Storm up to something like similar spec is no mean feat and not cheap either.My first thoughts were to budget approx £1k to spend a S/H rear shock, CBR/SP1 brakes, Rogered forks, also possibly a flat bar conversion, it's is undoubted these mods would have made a world of difference to my tired Storm but do they represent value for money? I guess this depends on how you look at it, sure it improves the OE bike but do they add value? this is less certain, my bike was worth around £1200 so would spending £1k on it add £1K to its value ? the answer to this is much easier and it's a big fat NO, i think at best it would add a couple hundred £, so I'd be spending £1K on a £1200 bike to make it worth maybe £1400 if I'm lucky (and this valuation would only be to someone who wanted a modded VTR). So I got to thinking what are my other options ?
After not to much thought I came up with this.

It cost me approx £700 to change from the VTR to the RSV,so it was't a difficult choice, so far I'm very pleased with it.
It seems to me Honda built the VTR with one hand firmly on the purse strings, budget brakes, budget suspension etc Aprilia took the opposite view and threw away the balance sheet for the RSV, particularly the 'R' version like mine is a veritable who's who of top quality kit Ohlins suspension, OZ wheels, Brembo goldline brakes etc for the money it really is a bit of a bargain and I think if I can keep it in one piece and in good order will only appreciated in value.

Can I ride it any faster than my old Storm? no not really :D so was it worth it absolutely :thumbup: I just need to learn to use the extra capability it as.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

chric wrote:what would you swap your storm for.
Sadly, you wouldn't get much change "swapping" a Storm in Oz.

I have had my eye on a '12 R1 with pipes and ignition module.... But, its just not a Storm is it.
Always thought i'd like an Aprillia V-twin or an SP2, or if money permitted an 1198.

Then i go for a serious blast on the Storm and come home all smiles and think, "What, spend $10,000 more to go 10% quicker".....

I guess i would like the same kinda of power, in something 50kg lighter with insane brakes and handling.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
rmh

Post by rmh »

What would I swap the storm for ...... absolutely nothing....

Which is why after 15 years (1999 - V Plate) from NEW its still in the garage - ok so its not alone as i'm lucky enough to have two bikes - the Mrs draws the line at two :-)

Currently a 950 Supermoto but soon this one is to be changed for a Ducati Multistrada

So is this the oldest single owner bike on here ? 8O

Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

budd wrote:I had this dilemma last yr on returning from Op Storm Wales, my old Storm was basically stock apart from stiffer fork springs and Dragon Supercoras, on the fast roads around Wales it became increasingly obvious that it was somewhat lacking. Especially in comparison to some of the very well sorted VTRs in attendance, Alistair, Tony, Grumpyfrog, etc have moulded the venerable Strom into very potent machines. However bringing a near stock Storm up to something like similar spec is no mean feat and not cheap either.My first thoughts were to budget approx £1k to spend a S/H rear shock, CBR/SP1 brakes, Rogered forks, also possibly a flat bar conversion, it's is undoubted these mods would have made a world of difference to my tired Storm but do they represent value for money? I guess this depends on how you look at it, sure it improves the OE bike but do they add value? this is less certain, my bike was worth around £1200 so would spending £1k on it add £1K to its value ? the answer to this is much easier and it's a big fat NO, i think at best it would add a couple hundred £, so I'd be spending £1K on a £1200 bike to make it worth maybe £1400 if I'm lucky (and this valuation would only be to someone who wanted a modded VTR). So I got to thinking what are my other options ?
After not to much thought I came up with this.

It cost me approx £700 to change from the VTR to the RSV,so it was't a difficult choice, so far I'm very pleased with it.

It seems to me Honda built the VTR with one hand firmly on the purse strings, budget brakes, budget suspension etc Aprilia took the opposite view and threw away the balance sheet for the RSV, particularly the 'R' version like mine is a veritable who's who of top quality kit Ohlins suspension, OZ wheels, Brembo goldline brakes etc for the money it really is a bit of a bargain and I think if I can keep it in one piece and in good order will only appreciated in value.

Can I ride it any faster than my old Storm? no not really :D so was it worth it absolutely :thumbup: I just need to learn to use the extra capability it as.
thats a great analogy :thumbup: and very very true. I put all the bits on mine and it handled and looked great. Saw the CB and i was sold, funny eh!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

rmh wrote:What would I swap the storm for ...... absolutely nothing....

Which is why after 15 years (1999 - V Plate) from NEW its still in the garage - ok so its not alone as i'm lucky enough to have two bikes - the Mrs draws the line at two :-)

Currently a 950 Supermoto but soon this one is to be changed for a Ducati Multistrada

So is this the oldest single owner bike on here ? 8O

Rob

don't know I've been married 36 years this year! so a single girl for a long time :lol: