Run on CBR600.

General Biker Banter
DavieMac11

Run on CBR600.

Post by DavieMac11 »

Was out with a mate last week for a run, (Had one afternoon of sunshine believe it or not! :D ) me on my storm and him on his 2001 CBR600F. On our way home we decided to swap bikes for a bit.
The Firestorm's only my second road bike(first being a SV650) and previously I had only ridden a four cylinder bike maybe a couple of times, but for no real length of time.
To be honest I actually found the CBR a bit boring to ride in comparison to mine and a totally different experience.
Now, i'm in no way saying the CBR isn't a good bike in any way, I was just surprised at how different a bike it was to ride!(power delivery, comfort, handling, etc...)
It felt tiny compared to my bike and although quick as it is, it just didn't feel it!
Speaking to my mate afterwards, he was actually really impressed with the Firestorm and found it far more comfortable than the CBR, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if he changes to a Firestorm himself!
Give me a storm any day, far more fun than any 4cyl screamer!

Anyway just thought i'd give my opinion. :)
Davie.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

Had a cbr600 now got a storm and you are not wrong mate v-twin power any day :twisted:
The force is strong in this one
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

There is definitely something special about a big vee twin that any four cylinder bike does not have imo :!: :!: :!: :wink:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I agree totally
Spend some cash on making your bike handle like a cbr6 then add some V-twin stomp and you've got a real bike :P

Pete.l
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sirch345 wrote:There is definitely something special about a big vee twin that any four cylinder bike does not have imo :!: :!: :!: :wink:

i have to agree with you there chris!! :D

(no i havent edited your post...this time :lol: :lol: :lol: )
ImageImageImageImage
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.wilde1 wrote:
sirch345 wrote:There is definitely something special about a big vee twin that any four cylinder bike does not have imo :!: :!: :!: :wink:

i have to agree with you there chris!! :D

(no i havent edited your post...this time :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Have you got a new keyboard Tony :?: :lol: