Advice please

General Biker Banter
Fireman on a Storm

Advice please

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I have sort of been offered a 97 Preg storm. It's black, fair condition. Now here is the BUT. The engine is dead. CCT failure.

When I get paid out for my written off storm, I was thinking of buying the salvage and putting my 12k miles engine in the black Strom, having a swap around with any other parts and breaking the rest.

Hopefully I'll get over £3k for my storm.

What do you think I should set as a maximum cost for the hassle to be worth my while.

Does anybody know what sort of money the insurance company will want for the salvage.

How much should I pay for the non runner Black Storm

I've had a price of around £250 for the engine swap to get the Black Storm up and running and on the road again.

Is it worth the effort or should I just cut and run?
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

well paul...what happened to me is the insurance co paid me out for the bike (cat c right off)and then they took 200 for salvage and then let me keep the bike too...so you might be ok here with your idea!! :D
ImageImageImageImage
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Sounds like a plan,

If you can get the Black storm for under a grand and you old storm back for little money then I think your on a winner, plus you have lots of spare to ebay and make some more money, Give it a go.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."