Confessions of a VTR rider...

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Confessions of a VTR rider...

Post by VTRgirl »

I went riding yesterday... in the company of a friend on his brand new R1.

We did a swapsie :? ...

I liked 8O ...

I've betrayed my Storm :( .

I feel so dirty :oops: .

Will it forgive me?
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Yep - me too - drove my mates R1 over the weekend - its an awesome bike. I used to own an R6 (still do - its off the road ...whaaaa haaaa), so its a very similar bike...just more poke. When you get on these inline 4's they feel so smooth and its a nice change from the bone-shaking Storm! But I wouldnt give up the Storm - its too much fun - my mate also loves the Storm - its when you get to drive other bikes it makes you appreciate the different styles of machine. I got a good bit of air from the front wheel whereas my mate had the back end of the Storm fish-tailing a lot! You should rename this thread 'Experiences of a VTR rider'!! :D So dont feel guilty!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I've ridden truck-loads of other bikes. I've just never reeeally enjoyed any of them. I was surprised by the R1. It snuck up & made me like it without me wanting to. Think that's why I got the guilts. And honestly! It's an ARRRRGH ONE for crying out loud. YUCK! I'm not saying they're not out there, I've just never met anyone who owns one who can ride the thing. You've got to admit, they generally come with a certain reputation... over here, anyway.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

VTRgirl
You should count yourself lucky its just R1 riders with that reputation in Oz

Over here its pretty much any 1000 IL4 rider. GSX-R ZX10 Blade - all a bunch of willy waving straight line merchants!! :lol:

Now onto this 'lusting after other bikes' thing -its perfectly natural
At Cadwell last year my mate forced me to have a go on his 916

I told him I'd be taking it easy but I came in at the end of the session after jumping it over the mountain and touching his belly-pan down and simply said
"Want one!" (in a little Britain stylee obviously!!) :lol:

The fact is that while it's fun to ride and you may be tempted to actually go out and buy one, you'll soon miss the VTR and wish you'd kept it.
Just ask Kaz!! :wink:

Ben
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Nahhhhh, I'd never buy a different bike... :roll: ... I've always found riding other bikes just makes me appreciate the Storm all the more, as has been said previously.

I guess you're right about the 1L bikes & their reputations (except the VTR, of course). First it was the R1, then the busa, now the CBR is on it's way up there, mainly because every second rider has one. Although I haven't heard the same said for the Kwakas. I guess it's generally the "I have to have THE fastest bike syndrome" that does it, and let's face it, Kawasaki has never really been a serious competitor...
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Stormin Ben wrote:Over here its pretty much any 1000 IL4 rider. GSX-R ZX10 Blade - all a bunch of willy waving straight line merchants!! :lol:
Ben
:D :D :D :lol:

Good lad! :wink: :wink: