Fueling issue.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Anotherbikerbabe

Re: Fueling issue.

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

To have it trying to stall at high speed smacks of fuel starvation that. If it is not the fuel tap diaphragm which has no tears or rips in it, I'm literally at a loss as we have bounced loads of ideas around HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys please help!!!!! it's doing my nut on now lol [/color]
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
dudehog

Post by dudehog »

The valve is fine. It has new internals.
I ran it yesterday on the motorway revving it hard through the gears and it doesn't cough until very light throttle above 4k.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

3rd Scenario::

Me: you have everything there to make the tap work, but you have form a seal to be sure the tap is closed,
got to do that when putting it back together so when you apply the vacuum that it opens up

and if you run out of fuel, the flo chamber has to have that time again to burst back into life
there is a point where fuel usage overrides the vacuum

Member:I don't understand how it can run out of fuel when the lines are permanently open.

Me:::
you have a certain amount of fuel in the float chambers
which are fed by the vacuum
if the vacuum and diaphragms aren't working correctly
then fuel usage on the throttle will empty the float chambers before the diaphragm and the vacuums can replenish it
so in fact it just runs out of fuel and coughs and dies
when you throttle off the vacuum is still working and diaphragms are still working then it fills the float chamber again then starts to run normally :beer:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Tried to post on my other thread and use the search function but I keep getting "page not found" on my comp. Stooopid technology :crazy:
Technology is only as good as the user, no good blaming the tech. :lol: Do you mean your Part Throttle thread http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34930 :wink:
If you click on your user name where you don't have an avatar you can then search user's posts. That's the quickest route to find your recent posts. The forum search function is limited but you can use google for more advanced searches....see the Read Me for New Members below.

OK onto your bike issues.
I have Danmoto GP pipes, k+n filter and I have different jets from standard but I don't know what.
With this setup it will need to be tuned to suit. You say you have different jets, but what. What size mains, what needles are you running and at what clip position if adjustable, what size pilots and how many turns out on your fuel mixture screws.
It splutters, coughs and poofs (scientific term) back through the carbs. Letting go of the throttle it barks and cackles more than usual. It has literally happened overnight.
Suddenly happening overnight suggests that it's not a jetting issue unless some crap has got in the carbs and blocked something. You shouldn't usually get crap in the carbs though as there is a filter in the tank so unless that's broken and you have got crap in the tank that has worked it's way through.

Have you got the little foam filters under the K&N rubber block off in the corners of the airbox? have you got the K&N rubber block off's in place? Did the over oiled filter get cleaned out? I wouldn't rule out a stuck slide or hole/tear in a carb diaphragm either.

Your vacuum pipe is connected to right spigot on the petcock.....yes? http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... se#p282579
Check the other end too where it connects to the rear cylinder head. It may have popped off there. Better still remove the carbs and give them a thorough clean, check over including slide diaphragm. Spray the jets and channels through with some carb cleaning spray including the fuel mixture screw channel, and make a note of what size jets you have installed etc. This rules out crap in the carbs and it's good to know what jetting setup you have so you know where you stand there. While the carbs are off you can check the vacuum properly at the rear cylinder head.

Carb links at the bottom of the following post
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14#p238578

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside