setting my carbs up

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Bluefox

Re: setting my carbs up

Post by Bluefox »

i'm absoulutly positive mine is carb related,
i've also stripped them till im blue in the face,tbh i stripped them that much i convinced my self it was electric
(replaced plugs , coils, icu amplifier)
so concentration back to carburettotooters,
stripped them today convincing myself that my first diagnoses was correct (suspect pilot jet issue)
give the sods a real good blow out,had some one with better eyes than me to check them,all good and clear,
back together set the mixures to fully in then 1 1/2 out,then refitted tonight with refreshed vigour,
no better ,will have to source substitute set (ALZ 4321 if your still using this site may be calling you tomorrow mate)
(its that bad i've put the DB killers back in cause annoying the sh1t out of me)
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Bluefox wrote:i'm absoulutly positive mine is carb related,
i've also stripped them till im blue in the face,tbh i stripped them that much i convinced my self it was electric
(replaced plugs , coils, icu amplifier)
so concentration back to carburettotooters,
stripped them today convincing myself that my first diagnoses was correct (suspect pilot jet issue)
give the sods a real good blow out,had some one with better eyes than me to check them,all good and clear,
back together set the mixures to fully in then 1 1/2 out,then refitted tonight with refreshed vigour,
no better ,will have to source substitute set (ALZ 4321 if your still using this site may be calling you tomorrow mate)
(its that bad i've put the DB killers back in cause annoying the sh1t out of me)
if you are standard pilots, 1 1/2 is not enough..... check the docs and the pilot sizes

2.5 front and 2,25 rear for 48 pilots (defualt)
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

aftere finally getting my bike running good in standard trim ...... i went for it today.

Got my high level Arts on, no baffles
6 sigma jet kit i have had kicking around for ages
190 mains (180 are included as well, but i went large)
50 pilot
Drilled slide
1 coil clipped off slide spring
Needle up with two shims provided
TPS round to about 500 ohms
K&N filter
Mixture screw at default for 48s

Interesting results!!! for a first stab

Fast blipping the throttle from idle make it pop as a result of the slid moving faster than the fuel i guess. However, it rides sweet through to 4000rpm. Definitely feels more grunt, seems easier to lift the wheel on a roll on.

Coming of 4000rpm it is notably more randy, with the wheel lifting over bumps i never noticed before..

It feels like it is dropping off as it goes past 7000rpm but it is still strong .... i may try a 180 main.

After struggling with lean running, i can safely say it is not lean anywhere know.

I am not a big believer of changing every thing at once but pretty much followed the instructions on the kit and got a pleasant surprise.

May be a few more tweaks (leaning out here and there) before Mallory but i think it is good to go
Bluefox

Post by Bluefox »

I've had them both out about 3 turns,with still no joy :thumbdown:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's not your fuel mixture screws then.

What's your symptoms?

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

cybercarl wrote:
It's not your fuel mixture screws then.

What's your symptoms?

(:-})
Mr Fox
May be start a new tread will all settings, add ons, and symptoms. it helped me..... but it was a time consuming process.....
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Bluefox wrote:I've had them both out about 3 turns,with still no joy :thumbdown:
for me when i got to this stage i knew it was blocked pilots because everything else had been eliminated
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Bluefox wrote:Hey Stu did you actually pin point the problem mate,mines doin exactly the
same 3-4k,
Sounds like blocked pilots.